new landcruiser pickup @ APF show

wicklamulla

Do Toyota do service?

Massively disappointed with them when looking at buying a pickup.

We were in the market for a single cab Active spec Hilux. Local dealership could could not show us or get in to test a single cab, Active spec, manual gearbox or anything with same engine. Only interested in selling double cab invincibles with auto box. Sorry for derail but really peeved with Toyota :thumbdown:

Which dealer was this?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erm,

At that sorta money for a LHD Toyota, ow much ud a 461 "Worker" spec "G" Wagen imported from Germany be?

I also wonder if MB will ever offer the Aussie Mil-spec 6*6 "G" Wagen for straight commercial sales.

Now they are sexy kit.

see linky

G Wagon - Australian Army

Another aside, the 6*6 seen driving through the mud in the wee video clip, very very much reminds me of the famous American WW2 "Duce and a half",

Marcus

Saw 10 of them in convoy last week

image.jpg.f5a19cd23b3fbfc47ed4a4df4a814356.jpg

I think due to lack of vehicles on the market they have all lost the plot. Defender or Landcruiser neither have spent much on development in the last 25 years. Defender should be £17,000 or free to the sane. That old design Landcruiser £26,000 .

The new 200 series Amazon is £70,000 and well over priced.

You can get a double cab hilux new for £17,000 but I agree you cant find one to test drive. I think most of us show up at dealership and drive the pimped up hair dresser version for £28,000 and go away and buy something else. They do a work version with 2.5 litre engine which is almost as good as the 3 litre and comes with cheap bumpers and mirrors which is ideal with my driving.

they look nice:thumbup1:

whatever the cost, do you think we will see a pick up like that here?

why no rhd land cruiser?

is it me or do we lack a selection of good load carrying 4x4?

mog, bedford or tractor!!

what about one in between pick up and 'lorry'

how much was that sprinter??!!:blushing:

How does the engine compare weight wise, it probably loses you 1/4 tonne of payload and you'd be massively undergeared using a standard transfer box and diffs?

You do loose about that or more once suspension is beefed up to take it, but for me I mainly use them for towing so that wouldn't bother me, from the vids I have seen I wouldn't say they were undergeared

I would love to do it but just don't have the time to take on a project like that.

The Toyota would be nice but wouldn't even consider it until spares availability is at a half decent level, available in RHD and at a fair price.

I really don't understand why Toyota don't import them here, if they did I would probably be first in line to buy one.