What would you charge.

Gray git

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say £750- £800 would have been fair without making to much profit but I don't really know what prices individual items would make. They seem good quality

That's pretty much the hat I was thinking too, don't under sell your self and your work. £800-£1k.

We did have a agreed price for it all, everything is above the spec or size requested.

Looking on a few school serplying sites, mushrooms are £25+. Benches £250-£350

Story chair min £400 for something this big, to give a scale if I sit in it my feet can't reach the ground and it's over 6'tall.

All the other staff love it all and so do parents it's just the head getting under my skin about me receiving money from a school my children are at - shouldn't make a jot of difference as it's part of my business that I do professionaly not as a hobby for cash in hand. Guess it's just peed me of with not so much as a thankyou. Next time they ask for a could you just with your trailer, clean woodchip help to repare something, or prune the willow dome and fruit trees I might just send them an invoice.

they look cracking prices john, as long as you know your self it was a fair price then screw the head teacher, feel good that you did it for the kids.

on the other hand if your price was fair you could always have some fun with her......

ring the head and say your refunding the money and will collect all the pieces the next day and she can find some one else to do it and pay even more.

humble pie don't taste nice list time I tried it.......

ian

I agree with TTP above really ..... It is probably best to always have an up front agreement .... also it seems bloody mean of a head teacher , who almost certainly as a very good salary and very generous pension etc, etc ... do deny a poor wood cutter any recompense for his efforts !! Perhaps raise this in a subtle sarcastic way at the next PTA

I'm pretty sure Gray Git is on a pretty good whack, with a fraction of the hassle of a head teacher.

In other words thats a lame argument.

We did have a agreed price for it all, everything is above the spec or size requested.

Looking on a few school serplying sites, mushrooms are £25+. Benches £250-£350

Story chair min £400 for something this big, to give a scale if I sit in it my feet can't reach the ground and it's over 6'tall.

All the other staff love it all and so do parents it's just the head getting under my skin about me receiving money from a school my children are at - shouldn't make a jot of difference as it's part of my business that I do professionaly not as a hobby for cash in hand. Guess it's just peed me of with not so much as a thankyou. Next time they ask for a could you just with your trailer, clean woodchip help to repare something, or prune the willow dome and fruit trees I might just send them an invoice.

I worked for all my local primary schools and my kids only ever attended one of those schools . I now only work for two of my local primary schools . This was due to an out of school bitching by staff from different schools ? One said Woodchip was £ X and the other said £ X . I ended up getting grief off the local parish council ? The chip was free to both schools ? I now only work for the ones who appreciate my efforts nowadays . I will cover my costs on the local school work and my basic day rate simple . There not happy well just show them what the proper full cost to an outside party would of been :thumbup:

I'm pretty sure Gray Git is on a pretty good whack, with a fraction of the hassle of a head teacher.

In other words thats a lame argument.

Actually I get less than minimum wage if you work out a £per hr rate for what I do as you would find with most small business owners and plenty of hassle to go with it.