The future!!

skyhuck

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Skyhuck i left this last night at twelve o clock, came back tonight to 8 pages i think you may have started a long one here. I left school at 16 i am now 47 never been on the dole i have lost jobs but always done anything i even mucked out chickens just to work:001_smile:

Skyhuck i left this last night at twelve o clock, came back tonight to 8 pages i think you may have started a long one here. I left school at 16 i am now 47 never been on the dole i have lost jobs but always done anything i even mucked out chickens just to work:001_smile:

we all want to work to get that beer money! im only 19 and cleaning sweaty towels to get to my dream career! being on the dole is alot of hassle. as swb said bus journeys and collapsed lungs, it ent pretty nor fair, if you try to be hard working and are a decent bloke or gal.

Im only 25 but i started workin on trees with my uncle at 12! and was workin at my grandparents garden nursery before that! I used to walk round the streets with a mower my dad had got me knocking on peoples doors and see if they wanted the garden doin haha. Id do preety much anything goin to keep the bills payed,i once had to pay my mums morgage with 2's and 1's that id saved up just because there's no way id go on the dole! My mum worked for 27 years at her job and when she was out of work due to bein ill they treated her like crap at the job centre and all they could say was "well you've worked for this long why can you not get a job now". Like SWB says there's always work out there it just depends how bad you want it!

A trainee does not a craftsmen make

A good craftsmen does not always a businessman make

The problem is multi layered

Because the customer either doesn’t know what or who to employ

Q What makes someone a tree surgeon ?

A I don’t know lets look in the Yellow pages or, oh hang n I got a flyer I'll ring them

Do we as an industry really know ourselves?

" this qual or that qual or maybe that one too"

The reason people have a go, is why shouldnt they. are too many encourage to start a business that they cant sustain ? I dont know however I do know that business is not easy in the good times & especially hard in economically difficult times

The rogue element is a constant source of irritation to many posters on this forum As they seldom seem to get brought to book , therefore where is the instentive for the Rogues to comply as they seem to, with equal frequency fail to comply with statutory or other legislation and guidance.

So what is the effect for the guys who are trying to comply have to fight in an uneven market place ? cost cutting to get work ? . a lack of work leading to short falls in cash flow we all know that a companys Infrastructure Costs £££ and that ultimately has to be repaid some how.

Ultimately the squeeze will come unless something changes soon

legislation & safety will not & should not go away , HOWEVER I believe that rules should not just be a piece of paper to be casually disregarded by the rogues & equally the words on that piece of paper, when acting as a benchmark or guideline should be proportionate to the role or task to which it relates.

If we take this to a theoretical conclusion then could we see a result where we have 2 Types ?

Those companies who are of sufficient size to have the fiscal & practical ability to comply with the ever expanding rules book & those who quite simply WONT

Is that the Future ?

A trainee does not a craftsmen make

A good craftsmen does not always a businessman make

The problem is multi layered

Because the customer either doesn’t know what or who to employ

Q What makes someone a tree surgeon ?

A I don’t know lets look in the Yellow pages or, oh hang n I got a flyer I'll ring them

Do we as an industry really know ourselves?

" this qual or that qual or maybe that one too"

The reason people have a go, is why shouldnt they. are too many encourage to start a business that they cant sustain ? I dont know however I do know that business is not easy in the good times & especially hard in economically difficult times

The rogue element is a constant source of irritation to many posters on this forum As they seldom seem to get brought to book , therefore where is the instentive for the Rogues to comply as they seem to, with equal frequency fail to comply with statutory or other legislation and guidance.

So what is the effect for the guys who are trying to comply have to fight in an uneven market place ? cost cutting to get work ? . a lack of work leading to short falls in cash flow we all know that a companys Infrastructure Costs £££ and that ultimately has to be repaid some how.

Ultimately the squeeze will come unless something changes soon

legislation & safety will not & should not go away , HOWEVER I believe that rules should not just be a piece of paper to be casually disregarded by the rogues & equally the words on that piece of paper, when acting as a benchmark or guideline should be proportionate to the role or task to which it relates.

If we take this to a theoretical conclusion then could we see a result where we have 2 Types ?

Those companies who are of sufficient size to have the fiscal & practical ability to comply with the ever expanding rules book & those who quite simply WONT

Is that the Future ?

im to drunk to truelty understand but i think you've got the right idea :sad: