The future!!

skyhuck

When I look for tradesmen or get prices for things, price is nearly always secondary, yes it plays a part.

But I never ever go for the cheapest insurance quote, always always read the small print, you will find you are not covered for many things.

A good example is some insurance my mate had if he ever found himself without a job, he ended up being laid off. What he didn't realise is they didn't pay out for the first six weeks of unemployment. He waited the six week the started getting paid, in the seventh week he did a day for a mate and being honest decided to ring the insurance up and declare he had wroked a day.

They withdrew his payments and made him start the six week again.

Price to me is a secondary consideration.

How good are they?

Do they have references?

Are they qualified.

Can they show me work they have done?

Are they insured ?

Will they respect my property?

Do they sound as though they know what they are doing?

TBH and this is no way meant to offend anyone, if someone chooses a product or service purely on price alone they are very very stupid :001_smile:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

TBH and this is no way meant to offend anyone, if someone chooses a product or service purely on price alone they are very very stupid :001_smile:

I hear what your saying Dean, you need to be comparing like for like.

If I ring round for insurance quotes, they MUST be for the same cover.

Now where I disagree with you is on products :confused1: why would you not go for the cheapest??

If I see to "identical" items and one is less money, why pay more??:confused1:

If your taking into account the after sales service, then your back to service not product.

I think you`re right, Dean. If price was the top priority for most customers why doesn`t everyone drive around in the cheapest cars and wear the cheapest clothes, trying to live in the cheapest houses. For me personally, showing before and after pictures of trees works much better than talking about insurance, price, qualifications, dangerous work etc. They`re not interested in that stuff. To be honest, when I`m in the buyer`s position, I`m only interested in what I`ll be getting out of it not how many training units or how much insurance they claim to have or how everyone else is a cowboy.

I think you`re right, Dean. If price was the top priority for most customers why doesn`t everyone drive around in the cheapest cars and wear the cheapest clothes, trying to live in the cheapest houses. For me personally, showing before and after pictures of trees works much better than talking about insurance, price, qualifications, dangerous work etc. They`re not interested in that stuff. To be honest, when I`m in the buyer`s position, I`m only interested in what I`ll be getting out of it not how many training units or how much insurance they claim to have or how everyone else is a cowboy.

Well said!!:001_cool:

The way I see it, show the customer how much MORE they will get from you!

If your price is higher than the next guy, BUT you do a better job then they are getting more for their money!

So in "real terms" yours is a lower price as its better value for money!

I think a lot of it is about how you present yourself

Turn up on time to quote be polite try to show that you know what you are talking about

When you do the work do the best you can and spend a lot of time cleaning up.

A lot of my work is repeat business and recamendations

Price is also important, but if people think you will do a good job it helps.

the time it takes to do a job can be a big factor, if i turn up and quote for a job, i may be more expensive but if i say to the customer i will have it all done for you in half the time as my competitor, i accept cheques and i will start now, they usually go for it. people are very busy now and just want things done. there are folk out there that just want a gypo job for much cheapness, i dont entertain them, i sus them out over the phone and leave it at that. they are the ones that give you all the hassle.