The future!!

skyhuck

There are many new threads being started by people who cannot find work, so start there own firm or have just been laid of or are moving from another industry into tree work.

I wish them all well and really feel for the difficulties they face trying to get going in this troubled economic time.

I just worry that our industry is growing as the amount of work or at least the amount of money available to carry out the work is shrinking.

Our industry, like most linked in some way to house moving and construction, has been through a time of real boom over recent years, but that has well and truly come to an end :scared1:

So what now??

Do you think prices will keep being driven down and down, by more and more completion??

Will only the fit survive leaving a healthier industry??

I'm just interested how others think thing will pan out? :001_smile:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

id like to see the stats of numbers that have been going through arb colleges. wouldnt mind betting this past year is probably amongst one of the highest years, all of whom are coming onto the job scene smack bang in the middle of a recession

:dito: That for now, will reply in a bit more detail when I've had a think :001_smile:

The two lads next door to me are going to otley doing ND arb in september. By the time they finish there course i cant see there will be jobs for them.

This is the saddest thing, lads and lasses are putting in all the effort to get their tickets and learn new skills, they are all set to get stuck in, then they find there are no jobs!!:thumbdown:

Must be gutting!!:sad:

I seem to be getting as many e-mails from people looking for work as people wanting quotes at the moment and hassled by college leavers who have had a trial and didn't quite cut it, hopefully they will find work (in a bank or shop!) but as the trend of tree surgery (male glamour job) becoming more popular each year and the diminishing economy driving prices down, we could all be up the creek without a paddle. A company that has done really well the last ten years and charges top dollar that i know has had to lay off 3 guys recently, and complained to certain people that I was undercutting him. C'est la vie mate, low overheads, no finance for me never done better!:aetsch:

But it is a worrying time for anyone starting out, only the strong will survive.

Yes very sad. If you think on this estate 20 years ago there were 6 woodmen, 10 years ago 3 woodmen and for the last 8 me on my own the future does not look bright. I heard a story last week about a firm of lawyers who now make there own tea and coffee and clean there own offices to keep costs down.:001_smile:

Yes very sad. I heard a story last week about a firm of lawyers who now make there own tea and coffee and clean there own offices to keep costs down.:001_smile:

Yeah that will never happen, they are prob making more money now than ever. What with everyone trying to with hold money and others trying to get it off them. :sad: