Brand New Security Website

Steve Bullman

Is/will there be a cooperative link with the police?

Is/will there be some stickers available to let people know my kit is registered (would act as a deterrent perhaps?)?

:congrats:

Yes I am working on a cooperative link with the police. I have to arrange a meeting after the apf is all done and dusted. I just need the database security approved by a 3rd party first....but in short, this is in the pipeline :thumbup1:

Stickers are also in the pipeline. I have the company lined up, but to be honest funds are the only thing holding me back. Hope to have these done in the next few weeks though. I'm looking at 2 sizes initially, small stickers for saws etc, and larger ones for chippers and other plant. Any thoughts on this?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Out of interest is this website just for protection of tools within the UK or can it be used in Ireland and other countries? Great idea and well done on the set up.

Uk and Ireland. Theres technically nothing stopping anyone anywhere registering and uploading tools, but the sites main focus will always be great britain

Yes I am working on a cooperative link with the police. I have to arrange a meeting after the apf is all done and dusted. I just need the database security approved by a 3rd party first....but in short, this is in the pipeline :thumbup1:

Stickers are also in the pipeline. I have the company lined up, but to be honest funds are the only thing holding me back. Hope to have these done in the next few weeks though. I'm looking at 2 sizes initially, small stickers for saws etc, and larger ones for chippers and other plant. Any thoughts on this?

Stickers like those data tag things that are hard to remove type thing?

It would be good to have some sort of identification for kit that's in the database!

Especially if you can only get the stickers by registering kit.

Great initiative Steve

Just signed up, will be adding saws etc at weekend.

Are there any restrictions on types of tools/machines? Workshop tools, bandsaws, lathe etc

Although its aimed at tree care equipment, theres nothing stopping you adding anything. If its got a serial number(or even if it hasn't) then you may add it. Obviously if its not directly tree care related, arbsafe might not be the first place the police decided to check if they recovered it

I have had a few people raise concerns regarding the addresses showing on some of the stolen items listed on the homepage. Just to be clear, we ask for an address primarily to populate the theft hotspot. The only required field is the town/city, so you can be pretty vague with no risk to yourself. The fields available for inputing a complete address are to be used at your discretion if you deem it appropriate.