Best Chainsaw protective gloves

Lsj-Services

10704278_10152256976131268_4351986509112440762_o.jpg

10672257_10152256976236268_5799202059000224829_n.jpg?oh=65a8488c7aed32eb50cc0c9ae471df7f&oe=549E5D59&__gda__=1418235148_7f6d3ee47f370b750612c98e8a349db3

these two are ace (the glove and sleave are seperate), the gloves aren't that expensive, so easy to replace and you dont have to keep buying the expensive bit. Also versatility while working is a plus, i take it off for rigging etc. Best way IMO

Also found i cut myself wearing black, where as when my hands are red i havn't yet cut them.

i have the left one only

Edited by WoodMouse

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh you naughty boy, dont you know that top handles dont work on the ground, in that situation any of the "chain saw " gloves would have given you the same amount of protection, might be time to think of a peavey with a lifting foot, I got mine for manouvering logs on the sawmil, but it gets used almost as much for holding bits up for cross cutting, (came from northern tool and equipment, cant find a link)frees up both hands

We'd been felling trees all day, I'd spent nearly all day up in the trees and was very tired. Came down at the end of the job and assisted getting the last bit through the chipper.

There was one branch with a big log on it. The top handle was next to me so grabbed it to make the final cut of the day, didn't think it'd be the final cut for the next fort note though!!!

It was just complacency and tiredness. I don't normally do these silly things. :-(

Keep two hands on the saw when sawing logs on the ground- and hold logs up off the floor with your foot, this way you will not cut your hand again! :)

Hi Billyhilly,

This is what I normally do, just had a silly moment, and it all happened so quickly, as it usually does. It's got me thinking now though, won't do it again.

How bad was the injury? Scary stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

The injury is minor to what it could of been. Ive luckily missed the tendons by microns, so in theory it's only a flesh wound. But it went deep and I've got a row of stitches across the top of my hand, which means I can't move my hand much. My forefinger has pain at the end but I presume that's something to do with cutting through veins etc.

I've been very lucky!!!

10704278_10152256976131268_4351986509112440762_o.jpg

10672257_10152256976236268_5799202059000224829_n.jpg?oh=65a8488c7aed32eb50cc0c9ae471df7f&oe=549E5D59&__gda__=1418235148_7f6d3ee47f370b750612c98e8a349db3

these two are ace (the glove and sleave are seperate), the gloves aren't that expensive, so easy to replace and you dont have to keep buying the expensive bit. Also versatility while working is a plus, i take it off for rigging etc. Best way IMO

Also found i cut myself wearing black, where as when my hands are red i havn't yet cut them.

i have the left one only

Hey I like these Woodmouse. They look a good pair.

Not sure about your theory though, if you're hand is red the damage is already done, as I found out last Saturday!!! ;-)

Hi,

Does anyone know the rules regarding to wear or not to wear chainsaw protective gloves for aerial cutting, and is there any legislation which states this? I have tried various types when climbing and cutting and found very limited dexterity, and have recently been challenged by a client for not having cut protection on them. any info would be appreciated

Anyone remember the scene in Black Hawk Down when Eric Bana gets barked at for having a "hot" weapon on base?

He indicates his right forefinger and states "this is my safety"..,

Message is that common sense, and good discipline will do much more for you than any safety gear.

Gun safety and chainsaw safety are two very different things.

There's a good reason he got a bollocking- anyone could have bumped into him and set the weapon off. If I remember rightly it was slung over his shoulder. He could have turned around and caught the trigger on a stick. It's you that is a danger to yourself with a chainsaw, a hot weapon on a base full of your mates is entirely different.

Chalk and cheese.