Best Chainsaw protective gloves

Lsj-Services

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pair of oregon chainsaw gloves (see pic below) which i bought of amazon for about £12 and they are a great pair of chainsaw gloves i must say.

nice and light on the hands and not big and thick like the horrible bright orange oregon gloves that are around.

They are also good gloves to climb with , i dont normally use chainsaw gloves when i climb , i have a pair of petzl cortex climbing gloves but i have used my oregon gloves a couple of times climbing and they are easy to use up the tree so if your after chainsaw gloves to use up in the tree aswell as on the deck then i would suggest to get the black orgeon gloves , you can find them on amazon for about £12.

8qO3qoA.jpg

chainsaw protective gloves are a myth, the only "protection" is on the back of the left hand, any good quality glove will give the rest of your hands the same amount of protection, find a pair thats comfortable to work in, and goes some way to alliviate HAV effects and you'll be fine

So, did a very silly thing Saturday, put my top handle saw through my hand and wasn't wearing chainsaw protective gloves.

We've all had near misses, and I've got away without damaging too much.

So my question is, which are the best gloves to buy, and which do you get on with best?

Hi LSJ arbortec ones are great mate well made LSJ I got mind f r jones thanks Jon

chainsaw protective gloves are a myth, the only "protection" is on the back of the left hand, any good quality glove will give the rest of your hands the same amount of protection, find a pair thats comfortable to work in, and goes some way to alliviate HAV effects and you'll be fine

Hi Agrimog, it's the back of my left hand that I went through with the saw. Lol.

Was holding a log off the floor whilst cutting it with my top handle. The saw bounced and hit my hand, somehow.

oh you naughty boy, dont you know that top handles dont work on the ground, in that situation any of the "chain saw " gloves would have given you the same amount of protection, might be time to think of a peavey with a lifting foot, I got mine for manouvering logs on the sawmil, but it gets used almost as much for holding bits up for cross cutting, (came from northern tool and equipment, cant find a link)frees up both hands

I have seen it on the back of both hands on at least one make . Having said that I like the Sugihara gloves from Rob D and they have no protection on the backs .....:001_smile:

Hi Agrimog, it's the back of my left hand that I went through with the saw. Lol.

Was holding a log off the floor whilst cutting it with my top handle. The saw bounced and hit my hand, somehow.

Keep two hands on the saw when sawing logs on the ground- and hold logs up off the floor with your foot, this way you will not cut your hand again! :)

+1 chainsaw gloves not effective for chain cut prevention and not used much outside the UK.