Makes a change from cutting up logs.

Woodworks

Thanks chaps :001_smile:

farmerjohn

The glue used is West System Epoxy with appropriate additives. Hope it's stable for a long time. Lloyds approved for boat building so fairly serious glue. Used it for various odd jobs over the years and never had a failure to date. And yes the steel gets a coarse sanding after the glue is applied.

Stompy

Got paid for my hours with no pre arranged price. Even charged for design time which is probably a first. Ideal customers being local, loaded and know what they want.

Thanks chaps :001_smile:

Stompy

Got paid for my hours with no pre arranged price. Even charged for design time which is probably a first. Ideal customers being local, loaded and know what they want.

Ideal indeed and pretty rare. Usually a case of pick 2 out of those 3 :001_huh:

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
Finally finished the base of a dresser.

The wood is tulip that was cut, planked and dried by the client. Never rated tulip in the past and have only used it for jobs that were going to be painted but must admit the wood looks nice.

Still got to get around to making the top :001_rolleyes:

At long last the top for this is done. Sadly no pictures of it all together just some snaps before it left the workshop. Handles for the doors and shelves were added on site.

DSC03775.jpg.bba97a79f738e5f7130697b67411fff1.jpg

DSC03772.jpg.bba9942fcc9afd9f5de64445a2a1dabf.jpg

DSC03771.jpg.40f5237b97437fa953380e2354ab2ad4.jpg

Stunning work love the hidden steel amazing such a tight fit in the middle of the cross ace if you ever fancy giving some lessons I would be well up for some my rustic stuff is ok just want to step it up a bit P M me if you are up for it

Regards Mark

Stunning work love the hidden steel amazing such a tight fit in the middle of the cross ace if you ever fancy giving some lessons I would be well up for some my rustic stuff is ok just want to step it up a bit P M me if you are up for it

Regards Mark

PM sent :001_smile:

• 3 years later...

Oh dear, 3 years since I made anything!

Had some wood in a load of firewood I didn't recognise but thanks to some good detective work by some of you we worked out its field maple. I cut some bowl blank for the farther inlaw but decided to have a go at turning myself. 

DSC07100.jpg

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, Woodworks said:

Had some wood in a load of firewood I didn't recognise but thanks to some good detective work by some of you we worked out its field maple. I cut some bowl blank for the farther inlaw but decided to have a go at turning myself. 

DSC07100.jpg

Much more satisfaction and value added than firewood or charcoal

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Woodworks said:

DSC07100.jpg

Awesome 

• Like 1