Rivals to Posch 360

boblog

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did you go for a 360 not a 400?

I found that I was spending a lot of time sharpening chains, bars etc, a lot of maintenance issues as well, oil pump going, blocks etc. I felt Circular blade the way to go and thus far am really pleased with my decision. Will cut out oil costs, fractionally less sawdust waste, cleaner sawdust. Costs of bars and chains will be much the same as circular blade maintenance and eventual replacement.

Saying that the 400 is an impressive piece of kit, but I do not think I would ever go back to chains and oil again. Not sure if inhaling chain oil from processors year in year out is such a good thing either (something Wilson s told me about although this was after I had got the Posch).

I think it all comes down to want you are comfiest with. Also I found with Tajfun 380, folk helping me even after being told still forced the bar through the wood, affecting the chain, bar, sprocket, drive shaft and drive belt! I think the Posch will be a bit more use friendly.

Were charging 130 for a bag so give it a shake and stack it people are amazed at hi long it lasts once we get a customer they usually stay with us.

The tajfun is the quickest processor I have used took a while to get used to it. The log cleaner is a must if putting straight in to bags.

I did notice there seemed to be no grid in the bottom of the splitting area and visible rubbish was dropping into the bag with every flight on the conveyor.

A

I did notice there seemed to be no grid in the bottom of the splitting area and visible rubbish was dropping into the bag with every flight on the conveyor.

A

The whole chamber is slatted and does work but with the log cleaner in place it's really clean wood . The only thing that's annoyed me is that a log can get caught between the elevator and the cleaner and stop the elevator, Kilworth will sort it though.

The whole chamber is slatted and does work but with the log cleaner in place it's really clean wood . The only thing that's annoyed me is that a log can get caught between the elevator and the cleaner and stop the elevator, Kilworth will sort it though.

Hi, that's one annoying thing, how they going to sort it??

Any film of the cleaner anywhere or is it the Fuelwood fit most conveyor one ?.

A

Another firewood merchant forestry contractor had a demo and the first thing he said was that the saw blades are such a big diameter that they have to be really thick. When your doing big diameter timber that's a lot of wood to loose. The other thing he noticed is that as we do short logs they never land properly in the splitting chamber. The other obvious one is cost it's a lot of money to get back.

That is a problem with the short logs that we require in the UK, but if a log table is fitted to the processor this prevents the cut ring from falling into the splitting chamber at an angle as the saw cuts through the log. Once the full cut is made the table pulls back quickly dropping the ring into the chamber with a slight spin and level, this helps prevent hang ups in the chamber that you get with big wood.:thumbup1: