The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

An alternative approach to the twi light years, and maybe raises some fair questions about nursing home business model. 

https://www.holidaysincornwall.com/man-plans-to-live-out-his-retirement-in-a-59-per-night-holiday-inn-rather-than-188-a-night-nursing-home/

Quite timely since I’ve just finished a garden reclamation / restoration after the eviction of a 12 month delinquent tenant resulting in the property having to be sold by the family to pay for their mothers care home...

• Sad 1

Tsk! tsk! KJ

How fallacious can one get, a motel at £59.00 per night is not a nursing home at £185.00, with nursing care provided.

A comparison with a residential home might be more pertinent?

Unless he has prearranged a "hit" to terminate his residency if/when ill health strikes?

9 minutes ago, difflock said:

Tsk! tsk! KJ

How fallacious can one get, a motel at £59.00 per night is not a nursing home at £185.00, with nursing care provided.

A comparison with a residential home might be more pertinent?

Unless he has prearranged a "hit" to terminate his residency if/when ill health strikes?

Holiday Inn was HIS choice....

Mine would be more akin to Saga “Spirit of Discovery” for style, comfort and cuisine. 

Did have the extreme privilege and pleasure of an 8 week work secondment to Saga Rose back in early 2000’s. Southampton- Azores - Caribbean- Cuba etc etc. 

Couldnt wait to turn 50 so as to qualify as a passenger. Trouble is, I didn’t realise your companion has to be 40 or above so having to wait for Mrs J to age sufficiently for us to go together...

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, kevinjohnsonmbe said:

Holiday Inn was HIS choice....

Mine would be more akin to Saga “Spirit of Discovery” for style, comfort and cuisine. 

Did have the extreme privilege and pleasure of an 8 week work secondment to Saga Rose back in early 2000’s. Southampton- Azores - Caribbean- Cuba etc etc. 

Couldnt wait to turn 50 so as to qualify as a passenger. Trouble is, I didn’t realise your companion has to be 40 or above so having to wait for Mrs J to age sufficiently for us to go together...

.... Yr slippers await  sir...! Mind after a week's cycle I did feel abt  90 ? a hotel is going to jump at some retired chap staying on pension there as it's winter cash n no snotty brats. K

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
This literally true . When I was in intensive care the morphine that I was on had made my  shit like concrete . One of two of the prettiest nurses I have ever seen removed the Richards from my backside  with her fingers ( in a glove )  Major big up to all nurses in ITU .  You leave your dignity in the car park and trust in them .

Prior to getting a bionic hip joint, I too was on enough codeine that having a shit was a painful grunting experience. You were convinced that you’d split your ring piece every time. You certainly do leave your dignity in a previous life experience, especially when you work in the very hospital you are readmitted to with an obstruction. [emoji15]
On a positive note, I’d fully recommend a replacement hip if you’ve struggled with years of pain. Zero pain now and issues with my knees seem to have disappeared. Five weeks on I’m back driving and have even been back dropping a few trees. Crutches launched on week three and no sticks [emoji1303]
  • Like 1