The Fifty and Above Club....if you're any younger don't even think about posting.

Mick Stockbridge

I often wonder what life would have been like with a true brother or more:  I have a closet queer half brother 18 years my senior and an adopted sister three years younger with whom I have no contact (which is fine).  Effectively I'm sort of an only child which doesn't bother me but I do wonder if I missed out on a true friend.

I would say value yours Eggs and I hope you have many happy times together 👍

As an only child myself I've often wondered if I've missed out not having any siblings, although I don't know many that have a great relationship really.

And to be fair it was more a big sister I would have liked, she'd definitely have had very attractive friends!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, nepia said:

I often wonder what life would have been like with a true brother or more:  I have a closet queer half brother 18 years my senior and an adopted sister three years younger with whom I have no contact (which is fine).  Effectively I'm sort of an only child which doesn't bother me but I do wonder if I missed out on a true friend.

I would say value yours Eggs and I hope you have many happy times together 👍

It's a bond like no other, the other two have rowed over the years but we are a strong unit now. Tomorrow's dinner is on our eldest.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, eggsarascal said:

It's a bond like no other, the other two have rowed over the years but we are a strong unit now. Tomorrow's dinner is on our eldest.

My Bro is 6 years younger than me and lives in Western Aus . Used to mess with him when we were nippers then I started going to the pub and did not see much of him , then all of a sudden he was coming in the pub with me ! Time goes so fast . I am 69 in a minute .

1 minute ago, Stubby said:

My Bro is 6 years younger than me and lives in Western Aus . Used to mess with him when we were nippers then I started going to the pub and did not see much of him , then all of a sudden he was coming in the pub with me ! Time goes so fast . I am 69 in a minute .

69's not a bad position to be in, I have to kick up NOT to go to the pub with our kid these days.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Stubby said:

Do you miss him much?

9 minutes ago, Stubby said:

No not too much . we email regularly and occasionally phone .

Strange old affair, me and my brothers have always been spread about and apart from regular phone calls I never had a great deal to do with them...  Wouldn't be without them now, it makes life so much easier when there's three of you.

• Like 2