Fencing on newbuild sites

simonm

We have recently been asked to quote for tree removal on a new build site that is marked for future development. After speaking to the project manager today he has asked if i would be interested in doing any fence erecting on this same site. I have come away with a site plan and would give it some thought as we are pretty busy at the moment. The fencing work starts mid November so would be an excellent source of work over the winter period. my question is have you ever done fencing on a big site 60 houses in total and how did you quote for the work? per metre? per house?. work wise we can handle it its stuff we have done lots of, would probably mean setting a labouror on part time, but the most i have ever quoted for was just over 180 meters across 2 new builds.

Only time I got involved with a big site it was a nightmare, as fencers we were in towards the end of the build and everyone was pushing to get finished so were tripping over each other, dumping stuff in the way etc. Lost 3 hours just cos someone had dumped their van in the way and buggered off. Might be worth putting something in the quote that if you can't get on with the job because of someone else's fault that you get compensated/standing time, especially if you're on low margins anyway.

Price per metre labour only on labour+materials? never priced that way before

are you pricing against atkinsons, if so for get it ,the only way you will win a job of them is buy doing it for nothing ,they can buy the raw matirals @ massive dicounts ,there staff can rack up fencing like nobody else, iv seen them, ther fast ,

are you pricing against atkinsons, if so for get it ,the only way you will win a job of them is buy doing it for nothing ,they can buy the raw matirals @ massive dicounts ,there staff can rack up fencing like nobody else, iv seen them, ther fast ,

True they are fast but the last job i saw they did was pap and i mean pap :lol: