husqvarna 550 xp max bar size

islesy123

am looking to buy an xp 550, have looked on ebay and found a U.S seller £345 +£25 postage ,which seems like a deal,however after asking about bar length he replied he could only supply with a 20" bar.could i just change the bar when it arrives as i can only find sellers with 18" bars in the UK.? thanks for help

am looking to buy an xp 550, have looked on ebay and found a U.S seller £345 +£25 postage ,which seems like a deal,however after asking about bar length he replied he could only supply with a 20" bar.could i just change the bar when it arrives as i can only find sellers with 18" bars in the UK.? thanks for help

Hi mate if the saw goes wrong who going to fix it better off getting one in the uk mate thanks Jon

Hi mate if the saw goes wrong who going to fix it better off getting one in the uk mate thanks Jon

True - but of course he can put a sorter bar on it.

If it is a US saw, I would also ask the seller if it is set up with .325 or 3/8". Easy to fix that too, of course - just swap the rim....

Hi,

Seems like a waste of effort to me, you will most likely get import duty added, with VAT as well, perhaps - Im not sure.

Anyway, Im unsure why they offer a 550 on a 20" bar, by the divide cc by 3 rule (its approximate but a good rule of thumb) - 18" is really maximum and be best with a 15" bar.

I'd go to FR Jones or Honey Bros or one of the others who sponsor this site & get exactly what you want along with the dealer support.

N

Hi,

Seems like a waste of effort to me, you will most likely get import duty added, with VAT as well, perhaps - Im not sure.

Anyway, Im unsure why they offer a 550 on a 20" bar, by the divide cc by 3 rule (its approximate but a good rule of thumb) - 18" is really maximum and be best with a 15" bar.

I'd go to FR Jones or Honey Bros or one of the others who sponsor this site & get exactly what you want along with the dealer support.

N

Quite a few people will want it in parts of the US, and it is within the recommended range.

I think he means the dealer won't want to deal with a grey import saw.

That wasn't what my comment was about. Even if the dealer will not work on the saw, he should of course sell parts and bars....

Edited by SawTroll