predator

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dad went up and down, we used to joke with the tides

Not so funny when it's me

Took me years to realise I go up and down with the moon

I have a couple of bad days each month , but at the dark of the moon, not the normal full moon....

I'd suggest marking a diary when your down, might suprise you

Once you know it'll be over in a few days much easier to manage .......

So yes I guess that makes me a genuine lunatic.......

Recently, despite the birth of my daughter and all the hope and joy she has brought into my life, I still feel the cold chill of melancholy's hand on my shoulder from time to time.

Buying a faulty Carlton stump grinder with my remaining house deposit has brought me very low recently.

I felt I have badly let down my family by compromising their future on a business gamble that did not pay off.

I felt I had let down my clients as well as my business partner with my poor business decision to go with this supplier.

Short term pain, I hope will become long term gain once the fault is fixed at MY expense...

Ty

A really great and appropriate post, Predator. I don't get the Black Dog as badly as I used to years ago, but you know when he's about, especially as the dark nights approach. Hope it's good for other peeps reading these posts that it's not just them he visits. Keep busy and occupied is half the battle and don't drink much.

For my 2 cents

My missus suffers from depression, she was diagnosised from an early age, her parents ignored the medical advice, thinking she was typical teenager and told her to snap out of it. That was over 10 years ago and she has been having monthly sessions with a phyciatrist ever since. Its hard knowing your loved one isn't happy and there is nothing you can do. It is like trying to cheer up someone who doesn't want want to be cheered up. All you can do is be strong, for both of you.

This post is really poignant to me. I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder three years ago. I am now taking mood stabilising medication (valproic acid) and an anti psychotic (Olanzapene, topically, not at work but at tea time when I get in as it is too sedative for the daytime) everyday and this will continue for the rest of my life. I have never had a problem telling people about this but that's me, I wear my heart on my sleeve. The one thing I will say is that in the past when the manic episodes of my past have subsided and the depression sets in it is a horrible, dark, empty, hopeless experience and the worst part is that you do not have a clue about how to deal with it. Everything seems futile and you despise yourself, want to lock out the world and hide away. I have not moved out of bed for 8 days straight without sleeping, eating or washing before. Butterflies in your stomach, heart racing at the slightest sound, phone switched off, not at work and just gone off radar not able to even phone in and explain. It's a horrible, horrible experience that attacks you in such a debilitating way and incapacitates you with an all consuming mindset of hopelessness and impending doom.My Bi-Polar dissorder mixed with a bad break up caused me to jump in the river ouse at night in York whilst it was in full flood last year, the story is still pinned on the York evening press website now, that's how ridiculous depression can make the mindset. Your whole psyche is completely messed up. I won't go into detail or talk about the aftermath of what I did because it is a painful thing to recall and I'm very embarrased. I was lucky. I maybe shouldnt talk so openly about this stuff but hey, if it helps someone to speak up n confide in someone so they have a clue or helps someone to understand a bit more then it's worth feeling a bit uncomfortable I think. It is so, so important for people to be aware of the signs and the symptoms and to simply be aware that depression is a potential killer! You can help just by knowing the signs and being there for your friend! I applaud this post, it was the last thing I expected to see discussed on our forum but I'm glad has been. Robin Williams was a genius, childhood hero: Mork n Mindy (Nanoo lol), Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji....the list is massive....RIP Robin. Speak soon friends n colleagues.

This post is really poignant to me. I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder three years ago. I am now taking mood stabilising medication (valproic acid) and an anti psychotic (Olanzapene, topically, not at work but at tea time when I get in as it is too sedative for the daytime) everyday and this will continue for the rest of my life. I have never had a problem telling people about this but that's me, I wear my heart on my sleeve. The one thing I will say is that in the past when the manic episodes of my past have subsided and the depression sets in it is a horrible, dark, empty, hopeless experience and the worst part is that you do not have a clue about how to deal with it. Everything seems futile and you despise yourself, want to lock out the world and hide away. I have not moved out of bed for 8 days straight without sleeping, eating or washing before. Butterflies in your stomach, heart racing at the slightest sound, phone switched off, not at work and just gone off radar not able to even phone in and explain. It's a horrible, horrible experience that attacks you in such a debilitating way and incapacitates you with an all consuming mindset of hopelessness and impending doom.My Bi-Polar dissorder mixed with a bad break up caused me to jump in the river ouse at night in York whilst it was in full flood last year, the story is still pinned on the York evening press website now, that's how ridiculous depression can make the mindset. Your whole psyche is completely messed up. I won't go into detail or talk about the aftermath of what I did because it is a painful thing to recall and I'm very embarrased. I was lucky. I maybe shouldnt talk so openly about this stuff but hey, if it helps someone to speak up n confide in someone so they have a clue or helps someone to understand a bit more then it's worth feeling a bit uncomfortable I think. It is so, so important for people to be aware of the signs and the symptoms and to simply be aware that depression is a potential killer! You can help just by knowing the signs and being there for your friend! I applaud this post, it was the last thing I expected to see discussed on our forum but I'm glad has been. Robin Williams was a genius, childhood hero: Mork n Mindy (Nanoo lol), Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji....the list is massive....RIP Robin. Speak soon friends n colleagues.

Top post above, says it all.

Though my familys limited history of manic-depressive behavouir does not-never include self-harm or suicide attempts.

Damm it we gotta live to make others around us miserable:blushing::confused1::lol:

This post is really poignant to me. I was diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder three years ago. I am now taking mood stabilising medication (valproic acid) and an anti psychotic (Olanzapene, topically, not at work but at tea time when I get in as it is too sedative for the daytime) everyday and this will continue for the rest of my life. I have never had a problem telling people about this but that's me, I wear my heart on my sleeve. The one thing I will say is that in the past when the manic episodes of my past have subsided and the depression sets in it is a horrible, dark, empty, hopeless experience and the worst part is that you do not have a clue about how to deal with it. Everything seems futile and you despise yourself, want to lock out the world and hide away. I have not moved out of bed for 8 days straight without sleeping, eating or washing before. Butterflies in your stomach, heart racing at the slightest sound, phone switched off, not at work and just gone off radar not able to even phone in and explain. It's a horrible, horrible experience that attacks you in such a debilitating way and incapacitates you with an all consuming mindset of hopelessness and impending doom.My Bi-Polar dissorder mixed with a bad break up caused me to jump in the river ouse at night in York whilst it was in full flood last year, the story is still pinned on the York evening press website now, that's how ridiculous depression can make the mindset. Your whole psyche is completely messed up. I won't go into detail or talk about the aftermath of what I did because it is a painful thing to recall and I'm very embarrased. I was lucky. I maybe shouldnt talk so openly about this stuff but hey, if it helps someone to speak up n confide in someone so they have a clue or helps someone to understand a bit more then it's worth feeling a bit uncomfortable I think. It is so, so important for people to be aware of the signs and the symptoms and to simply be aware that depression is a potential killer! You can help just by knowing the signs and being there for your friend! I applaud this post, it was the last thing I expected to see discussed on our forum but I'm glad has been. Robin Williams was a genius, childhood hero: Mork n Mindy (Nanoo lol), Mrs Doubtfire, Jumanji....the list is massive....RIP Robin. Speak soon friends n colleagues.[/

:thumbup::001_smile: