Land rover!!!!!!!!

wattie

Hi All land rover fans, which to be honest was never my thing.

Need to find out if any of you guys have any ideas and photos that would help me.

1; Want a multi tasking bit of kit- Newish defender 90 but as not a harded land rover man I will have extras, alloy's air con Ect so going to be a nice one.

2; Going to be much more hands on as i reduced the size of company two years ago eg on site small team ect ; now here is the thing

3; I Have two kiddies and partner has two kiddies well kiddies rangeing between 12 and 15, so need the sits when we all go out but want to have a small amont of gear in for work.

4; I am a fussy F!!!!!!!!!!!er want to have something to hold my gear in which can be removed easy looks the nuts but dont want standard tool safe site box type of thing, dont want the landy smelling of fuel and have oil and crap spoiling the back. So some kind of box and hanging storeage system would be great.

Are you getting my drift - YES I KNOW AS I SAID FUSSY.

So has anyone made or had made somthing that woulkd suit and fit in with my life style.

See partner loves um and I can get rid of two cars- being pick up and seven seater people carrier makes sence

Look forward to see phots if possible

Thanks

Kev Watt (Wattie)

sounds to me like you need a defender 110 doublecab pick up with a secure load area.

Its got forward facing seats for the kids is far more comfortable to drive than a 90.

something like this,

2003 Land Rover Defender 110 Double Cab TD5 Pick-Up on eBay, also, Land Rover Range Rover, Cars, Cars, Parts Vehicles (end time 18-Jun-09 10:36:52 BST)

not the finest example but you get the jist.

110 double cab pick up? It will keep the gear completely seperate so no fuel smells etc, you can build your tool store in the back . Big enough for 6 occasionally but wouldn't recommend it as a sole car for the family.

If you decide on a 90 you are going to be getting one with the side facing back seats. By law you can't use child seats on these seats if that is required and with 4 in the back there is room for precisely nothing else. You would also find if you wanted a tool store you would be removing it every time you wanted to carry the kids.

Just my opinion

Kev

Dont like 110's that much to be honest, Dont need child seats kids between 12 and 15 years old and we do not all travel together all the time as both have own home so its odd school runsand odd days out to be honest. Was thinking of 90 hard top no seats and keeping the people carrier and sale pick up both would perfer not to have two cars. Partner has own car anyway, think kids would be fighting to get in landy well the boys anyway.

Thanks

Wattie

In my oppinion a 90 hardtop is completley useless work vehicle in arb, You cant expect to carry combi cans etc in a hardtop and not smell fumes. If you go for a 90 pickup then the cab will be so small your lunch box is getting wet in the back! If you buy a 90 hardtop with no rear seats then you can only carry 1 front seat passenger.

Have you driven a 90 & a 110? a 90's road handling and driver comfort isn't as good as 110, the shorter wheelbase and lighter truck make for a very bouncy ride.

and if you don't like 110's you won't like the next suggestion a 130!:001_tt1:

110 all the way, offroad ability between the two is neglible untill you start going stupid places. i wouldnt go for the doublecab pickup as theyve got a smaller load area than a 90!

110 makes better tow vehicle, better ride quality (thats a joke its a landy!)

110 td5 station waggon, rear side seats removed, mud tyres, roof rack, chequre plate kit, perfect work horse

carry fuel/ladders/hedgetrimmers/brushcutters on the roof

59765444c3a30_31-1-09010.jpg.102dc1d00476b5d3787193a990a8e1b3.jpg