Jobcentreplus job in CORNWALL

mistahbenn

ross you came down on a 4 day trial , i offerd you 350 on the books and 360 self employed before even seeing you work , yes you have been in the industry for 16 years and yes you do have quite a few tickets but that does not mean i will offer you nearly £400 per week without seeing you work , not once did you ask about pay or try to negotiate on wages , if you dont ask you dont get !!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, if you dont ask you dont get !!

My groundie started on £50 per day, by the end of the second week he was on £60, he is now on £65.

He has NEVER asked me for more money.

I try to pay people what I think they are worth. :001_smile:

Thats why i didnt take the job,Dont get me wrong Dave is a great bloke but is just really starting out so he has to keep his out goings down but if you pay peanuts all your going to get is monkeys.

yes if you pay penuts you get monkeys , but monkeys do not spend half there time on the phone do they ross , your a nice guy but really have a good think before you make such comments , to be honest i put you down as not having done much work for a couple or three weeks so lets go down to cornwall and do a few days on a "work trial" and earn a few quid , to be honest im quite disappointed , i let you stay in my home and eat my food not once did you offer a contribution towards any of it did you ????:confused1:

True but you didnt offer anything else either,If you see a good worker/climber you offer them what you can afford if you want to have them on board but you didnt.

As i stated you pay a worker what he is worth & if you offer peanuts you should expect monkeys

My groundie started on £50 per day, by the end of the second week he was on £60, he is now on £65.

He has NEVER asked me for more money.

I try to pay people what I think they are worth. :001_smile:

i try to pay what a person is worh but how many people will offer someone a job that they dont know and have never seen work and offer them top money , had ross spoken to me about it or been able to stay a few more days im sure i would have offered him more money , i used to work for a guy down here that payed me £50 a day as a climber using my own gear because his was not up to the job so i know about poor wages when after tax i was taking home less than £200 per week , tbh in cornwall the wages are poor but i do feel i make the effort to pay people a fair wage for a fair days work .

You stated you would put me up,you did not say anything about wanting board & lodgings,I was only on the phone when i didnt have owt to do & even then it was only when i received a msg as my relationship was going down the pan.

Yes i was out of work & was seeking work & thats why i came down.

lok im not getting into an argument . no i did not ask for and money because that aint they way i work, i did offer to put as it seemed the decent thing to do and to give you chance to come down and see what you thought , you made it quite clear to me that you had other job interviews nearer to your children , at no point did you say you were not interested in the job because of the money you actually said that you would have to see how your kids felt about you moving down here and that was the last i heard from you about it . i assumed you had not been in touch because your kids wanted you nearer to them !!!