What socket set?

Woodworks

I wouldn't go with anything other than Halford pro as daft as that sounds. I've had the same set for 10 years now and never had any issued and had another set for the workshop for around 5 years. For the price you can't really go wrong especially with the lifetime guarantee as a backup

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have a mish mash of snap on britool teng halfords even some king dick as well i refuse to buy snap on any more as it grows legs britool isn't as good as it used to be go with tend or halfords or if you want to splash a bit more get facom beta is good as well but there pliers are poop

I have Halfords Pro in the car, just in case, although why I carry tools in the car these days is a mystery, have not used them for years.

I have all sorts at work, mostly old 40yr old Draper, 30 yr old Facom and Britool.

A few years ago I was replacing lost sockets with Halfords, just for convenience, but they have now all worn out or broken, so I only replace with Facom now.

I know Halfords replace broken tools from their Pro range, but the point is they should not break. I have never broken my good ones, even in my Ag days when they had serious punishment.

And Halfords stuff just does not 'feel' right to me.

Just my opinion

Snap on is the biggest rip off.

There are many other brands that offer the same warranty with better quality and a better price.

:thumbup1:

Teng ,no quibble replacement if one breaks

Facom

Halfords, pro tools have lifetime guarantee.

with caveats no?

1st) Britool

2nd) Teng

Joint 3rd) King Dick, Facom, etc as others have mentioned.

Sykes P used to be ok.

I have a fair few tools but the socket set case has disintegrated and I would like a nice(ish) set to take in the van. A good case would be nice. I am not a mechanic so only occasional use but probably used on stubborn stuck nuts and bolts. Noticed a half price set at Halfords but reviews suggest a poor case.

Hi,

I have a set of Halfords professional sockets & consider them perfectly good enough - despite a few years of abuse I havnt broken any. Their ratchets are particularly good as well.

I would get single hex as 6 sided (opposed to bi-hex 12 sided type) as they are better for removing stubborn nuts and bolts.

Snap-on, Britool, Facom etc may be better but are also a lot more expensive &

if you did manage to break or wear any sockets you could always replace with one of these brands.

N