What socket set?

Woodworks

Halfords, pro tools have lifetime guarantee.

Can't go wrong really then, one socket set I can really recommend is made by IRWIN they are made from very strong high grade steel and are designed to grip rounded off rusted nuts and bolts, and they do what they say they do. Superb socket set. Can use them on a impact driver as well

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app

Edited by humpo48

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Snap on if you're a professional mechanic. Otherwise facom, draper, halfords, britool. I've lots of different makes and have yet to break any despite mis-use including hitting with a hammer and the old scaffold pole breaker bar extension trick......

In reality you will only use a few sizes from a socket set and if you buy a full set of a good make it will cost you many hundreds (1/2" drive)

Usually 10, 13, 15, 17, 19 and 24mm will be the most used, so if you don't want to spend a fortune buy a Halfords Pro set and replace the above sizes with Facom (they are the best you can buy)

If you know anyone with a Halfords trade card you will get a good discount on some of their tools.

Also treat yourself to a good 18" knuckle bar and a good Facom or Britool ratchet.

I would (and do) buy Facom but would not touch Snap On.

And just because a tool has a lifetime warranty it does not make it good, it just means it will be replaced if it breaks (but not if it wears out)