What socket set?

Woodworks

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

According to the halfords man, snap on make their socket sets for them. I don't know if that is right but I used my lads halfords set the other day and it does have that shiney snap on feel. Seems fine

HI CWB the chap told me there that SNAP ON IF IT Breaks it needs to go back to snap on then you will get a new but you have wait for kit to come back from snap on but with halfords they just swap it over thanks John

According to the halfords man, snap on make their socket sets for them. I don't know if that is right but I used my lads halfords set the other day and it does have that shiney snap on feel. Seems fine

I would say he is talking out of he's jacksie.

I would think it highly unlikely snap on make the halfords socket sets, use of both would soon clear that up.

The halfords sets do a job but are a mile away from snap on quality imo.

I would think it highly unlikely snap on make the halfords socket sets, use of both would soon clear that up.

Hi Keith BUT for not again jobs halfords ok I'm happy if need snap on then it goes to my mates thanks Jon

That was my first thought but I stopped short of telling him that. Might be interesting to do some research into that if anyone has the inclination.

I was surprised to learn that Stanley , Facom and Britool are all owned by the same company , but who makes the tools and where they are all made is impossible to say I reckon . I would imagine they mainly come from China .

Done a little research and assuming wikipedia etc are correct it looks like halfords pro used the earlier snap on design and the first couple of batches were made at the snap on factory.

After that halfords sets were made elsewhere. By danaher I believe who started apex tools in partnership with another company. Apex now make halfords, so now no connection with snap on except the design assuming they still use it. If you have an early halfords pro set they it just might have been made by snap on, but not now.