would you ? should you ? do you ?

d-raittuk

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok so a bit of a rant and know doubt this will split the masses on opinion.

how many of you see on a near day to day basis the have a go tree surgeon / gardener? No PPE shorts trainers one hand on a ground saw from a ladder poor work man ship etc etc

Do you take pictures? should you? and then put them on the internet to try and hinder them trading? because in my eyes they shouldn't be doing that work if there not qualified to do so. we all have to go out spend grands on kit, insurance training etc.

this is not a jab at being under cut buy them or losing work to them because there welcome to it just promotes using a pro in the first place.

whats everyones thoughts on the "rouge trader" :thumbdown:

The answer to your 3 questions is No. Why would I ?

It's a bit like the bloke down the pub telling me how well he's doing. Neither put salt on my porridge!

By the way, we all spend lots of money on tools and training, whatever trade we're in.

Rouge traders!, or some blokes trying to get a few quid?

Ok so a bit of a rant and know doubt this will split the masses on opinion.

how many of you see on a near day to day basis the have a go tree surgeon / gardener? No PPE shorts trainers one hand on a ground saw from a ladder poor work man ship etc etc

Do you take pictures? should you? and then put them on the internet to try and hinder them trading? because in my eyes they shouldn't be doing that work if there not qualified to do so. we all have to go out spend grands on kit, insurance training etc.

this is not a jab at being under cut buy them or losing work to them because there welcome to it just promotes using a pro in the first place.

whats everyones thoughts on the "rouge trader" :thumbdown:

If you have time to arse about doing that, spend the time developing your own business.

See it every day, i mentally go tut tut, throw an eye over the job done next time i am passing,out of curiosity , other than that not fussed.

Hrses for courses imo…..the only way it affects me is to make sure my "public" view is of a tidy, safe and neat job!

I do not advertise as i would need new gear every time a white low roof transit passes,and my work speaks for itself, therefore i am as busy as i like, if i was bloody minded i may do something but i rarely have time on site to stop and photograph my own work let alone someone else's…….

LET EM AT IT! They will end up doing harm to themselves….

A local "landscape company"keeps getting me to price work for him, never comes through with the work ….. his eldest son on a job no less….ran a Saw through his nike chainsaw safety runners…… clean through!Across the arch….then in the ensuing spasms of agony got two fingers mangled for good measure….. went to a+e said it happened at home…

So no need to get antsy about them…….. not that i would wish that on anyone….

I couldn't care less. I work to my own standards, what others do have no impact on me whatsoever

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Quite correct you cant control what other folks do so dont let it concern you

maybe some people are still learning? maybe doing cash jobs to fund training?

its hard to make accurate assumptions by driving past and having a nose, maybe the client requested the tree to be halved.

as others have said just try and do the best you can.

carl