Best Strimmer Line

matt_uk

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well to be honest I cant be arsed any more but I used to cut a bunch of lengths and lave them in a bucket of water over night .

That sounds like my kind of lazy :thumbup1:

I've been using fairly liberal amounts of WD40 in a bump head which seems to help a lot with longevity and sticking... Was thinking of upgrading to a thicker line and a portek head so I guess we'll see if my inner lazy bastard gets the better of me :biggrin:

That sounds like my kind of lazy :thumbup1:

I've been using fairly liberal amounts of WD40 in a bump head which seems to help a lot with longevity and sticking... Was thinking of upgrading to a thicker line and a portek head so I guess we'll see if my inner lazy bastard gets the better of me :biggrin:

The 4mm square Diamond edge stuff I use in the Oregon jet fit head is pretty tough anyways . Would benefit from a soak though I expect .

I'm on the 2.4mm Diamond Edge stuff and I like it a lot... it's the bump head that gives me grief!

I'll take a look at the jet fit head as well as the portek ... I can't really see what it is between them that matters :confused1:

If you look on the first page , 9th post in there is a pic of mine .

I just chuck to 150m or whatever the length is reel in a sealed tub full of water. So when I cut it it's already wet. I don't know how long it takes to dry out though, sometimes if I'm only doing grass and there's nothing hard to wear against one head lasts all day.

I just chuck to 150m or whatever the length is reel in a sealed tub full of water. So when I cut it it's already wet. I don't know how long it takes to dry out though, sometimes if I'm only doing grass and there's nothing hard to wear against one head lasts all day.

I was just wondering about that... The bump heads can certainly get warm with prolonged use... I'm starting to wonder if I should leave my fs94r with its nose in a bucket of water... :laugh1:

• 1 year later...

It's been a couple years since the last comment.... what's your user reviews after lots of use?

Portek Power Strim fixed head vs Oregon Jet

Also, what's the best line to use in either of those? Just for cutting grass....

cheers, Steve