Homemade HAAS

atree

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it fold up nice and small mate?

Yes mate, you can stow it pretty unobtrusively on your harness or shove it in a chalk bag.

I personally think the designer deserves everything he gets for coming up with something this good, so I was happy to pay for the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

You guys are making some great looking knee ascenders but I wouldn't call them HAAS. Though knee ascenders have been around for a long time what Michael made is different in the fact that the bungee is hidden inside the tether and starts at the top of your foot. This combined with the stiffening tube inside the tether rope makes for a highly efficient and unique knee ascender and as far as I know, is the first of its kind.

Exactly. You gets whats you pays for..

Yes mate, you can stow it pretty unobtrusively on your harness or shove it in a chalk bag.

I personally think the designer deserves everything he gets for coming up with something this good, so I was happy to pay for the original.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

Agreed on both comments.

You guys are making some great looking knee ascenders but I wouldn't call them HAAS. Though knee ascenders have been around for a long time what Michael made is different in the fact that the bungee is hidden inside the tether and starts at the top of your foot. This combined with the stiffening tube inside the tether rope makes for a highly efficient and unique knee ascender and as far as I know, is the first of its kind.

Yeh that's a fair shout, I definitely respect the haas for what it is and tip my hat to the chap who came up with it.

I would happily pay the money for a real one, now that I know how good a homemade one is.

What's peoples preference to storage after using it for the ascent? Iv seen some people clip it to a side d and cruz around with it still attached, and others ball it up and chuck it on the back of the harness.

Dave , I could not have said it better....so many have tried doing their own, realizing that it pales in comparison when it comes to it's actual efficiency....Mike's is truly one of a kind and deserves the price tag....it will save the body over time....

I have to disagree. Its not better or worse.. Just different. Ive been using a knee ascender way before the haas was "invented" and a home made one can be just as good and much less bulky and more versatile. It just takes some patience to get it dialed in for your own personal step.

• 10 months later...