Using a chainsaw in a public place

NorfolknGood

Question

On 03/08/2014 at 15:53, NorfolknGood said:

Just out of interest how would an individual stand in the eyes of the law if he/her used a chainsaw without suitable PPE, without insurance or training in a public place with no warning signs etc?

Gonna be far better for you if you have a word with landowner, cut yrself a couple of bags of logs an cut and deliver a bag of logs for him-  it shows gratitude, yr getting a play with yr saw an he knows yr not taking the piss.  It could build into a good relationship if you play it clever. K

Edited by Khriss
( ? OR i will just look out fr you on ' CrimeWatch' theiving pikey extended special edition with burning car write off ending)
  • Like 3

As everyone else has said, ask permission. I know landowners who have old rotten trees on the ground but if you ask if you can take the tree for wood and clear up for them it's a definitive no. I feel sometimes it's the kid and the toy situation. Leave the toy alone and the kid doesn't want it and forgets it exists, take it away and it's their prized possession...

In all honesty though people pay a lot of money for land. You can't blame them for not wanting people messing about on the land they have paid a tonne of money to have to themselves. I wouldn't go bimbling in someone's wood with an electric chainsaw (which isn't that much quieter than a petrol one) taking their property. It would be like me noticing a wood pile in your back garden that you haven't touched in a couple of years and just turning up and helping myself... 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

Hey,

trust me I get ll this legal stuff, social and economic position.

end of the day I lost my job...had a good job, have family....I am a Gen X er ....lets not get into the government sponsored generational debate / argument which is where they want to take us!!

Im just a guy wanting to heat his home whilst recently unemployed FFS !

I thought I was okay....wait until they come for you !!

But still put chainsaw trousers on as saws bite.  Wood grows for free. But some people have certain ideas.  K

9 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

lots of Politically correct middle income wankers on here ...bring on big government covid economic free (and legal) market shattering income ....I have a wood burner and I WILL heat my home F&k you

Crack on then bud .  I got no problem with it . Just out of interest why did you ask ?

• Haha 2

Hey,

trust me I get ll this legal stuff, social and economic position.

end of the day I lost my job...had a good job, have family....I am a Gen X er ....lets not get into the government sponsored generational debate / argument which is where they want to take us!!

Im just a guy wanting to heat his home whilst recently unemployed FFS !
I thought I was okay....wait until they come for you !!

Look buddy you ask a question from professionals.
You don’t like the answer, so it’s **** you I’ll do it anyway???
If you’re that desperate don’t take a saw.
Just a piece of string to tie up the dead branches you find on the ground.
Good luck
[emoji106]
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1