JLA Arborists

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

A shout out for Meindl airstreams. I was pushing the trailer hitch with the TR6 on to the towball. Only a few inches off when the the jockey wheel slid through the clamp.

The a frame slid down my shin and rested on top of my boot. Although I couldn't move my foot it didn't hurt as the boot had the weight.

Jono to the rescue with a length of wood to lever it off. Readjusted the jockey wheel and made sure the clamp was TIGHT.

• 6 months later...

Nice to visit the APF today. I was planning on getting a new silky but ended up getting the kids ice creams. I asked for 5 99s and he robbed me lol

Caught up with the Kingswood staff, Charlie and the Easy lift guy (thanks for the badge)

A good look around the traditional craft area has made me more determined to get a pole lathe and shave horse sorted.

Ps stop chipping leylandii. I saw this chair made from it and it gave me ideas

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1474148221.050178.jpg.2a363c1e974ff9938868dfdfb50c1b39.jpg

• 3 months later...

I would say rant time, but I've gone past it.

Wheel bearing went today and threw me off the road into the verge. Managed to limp the l200 back two miles to the pub car park so I'm clear of the road, and have been sat here since 0715.

I put on the breakdown note to the AA that I'll need a flatbed towtruck as it could be brake/transmission problem.

A van came out and gave my whee a wobble decided it was the bearing. He submitted a towtruck request to AA at 08:45, they ordered it at 11:30 and I'm still waiting at 14:20

I would say rant time, but I've gone past it.

Wheel bearing went today and threw me off the road into the verge. Managed to limp the l200 back two miles to the pub car park so I'm clear of the road, and have been sat here since 0715.

I put on the breakdown note to the AA that I'll need a flatbed towtruck as it could be brake/transmission problem.

A van came out and gave my whee a wobble decided it was the bearing. He submitted a towtruck request to AA at 08:45, they ordered it at 11:30 and I'm still waiting at 14:20

Unlucky man I feel your pain....starter motor on the transit has gone...mechanic can't get one bolt out and is on the verge of snapping it. Wonder why I bother at times