Echo CS360 TES top handled saw

wicklamulla

Ok the centre cover does come adrift sometimes so I tried to secure it in place by using a large blob of silicone but this failed so I drilled and notched the cover and side casings and cable tied the suckered in situ.

20170407_001653.jpg.3868f71b499cfeff19cfb08dbad54c35.jpg

20170407_002618.jpg.67537499ecdc4e28fbfba29576751803.jpg

20170407_004748.jpg.1dd96e2086b468f20ec43a1ae8415f5b.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have just bought a 360tes and used it for the first time today just cutting small wood on the ground to test it out. The whole saw is hot after a minute of cutting, the bar and chain, the side casing, the muffler is roasting and started melting the plastic grill, and when I took the side casing off the clutch and sprocket are scalding hot. Has this happened to anyone elses? I have contacted the dealer but this being NZ they are closed on weekends! Doesn't seem normal to me! Pretty gutted, was looking forward to getting up the tree with it!

The 360 doesn't like being sat on the ground with the engine running as it tends to get hot and melt some of the plastic as you've described. Hanging off a harness in the canopy its fine. I've had mine 3 years and I'm very pleased with it. So much more reliable than my old 200t

That sounds good coming from someone with a reputation like that, I'm still interested to see what gains can be had

I was referring to my hedge cutting long reach and 1metre trimmers and not a reference to chainsaws - I have done a muffler mod on this 360 saw now.

Reckon the heat thing is probably the restrictive exhaust and the carb being tuned mighty lean due to emissions targets. The one I did was made to run very fat and then dialled back in and that really worked for me!

Owner not picked up yet - will see what he reckons once he has used it!

Got anywhere with that?had mine a while and did two cherry dismantles back to back with the old 200, having only used the 360 for months. Found the 200 a bit stronger and would also keen to see what can be done to the 360.

Sent from my C6603 using Arbtalk mobile app

I would agree and a ported MS200 would spank it. I was impressed with the low down grunt from such a small saw though. Rare that a small engine will pull from idle with conviction.

The 360 doesn't like being sat on the ground with the engine running as it tends to get hot and melt some of the plastic as you've described. Hanging off a harness in the canopy its fine. I've had mine 3 years and I'm very pleased with it. So much more reliable than my old 200t

The saw was never sat on the ground, I just used it for around 2 mins cutting through 6 inch diameter logs which were elevated on top of a pile of wood. It was light use, probably never got to full revs at any point. Surely this is a fault right? I have only ever experienced very hot bars/side casing etc with a tight chain or poorly oiling saws, obviously the muffler is always an area that heats up significantly, but enough to melt the plastic casing during light use with the saw off the ground?