How are people finding their new Isuzu D-Max?

Andrew Barrett

I have a mate who bought a new Dmax, he absolutley loved it until this problem with the paticulate filter happened allowing the engine to rev up to the limit until something gave.

now hes looking to get rid before its even 12 months old.

:thumbdown:

It does not seem to matter what you buy they all have their problems. In the past you could choose from a hand full of bullet proof trucks but not any more it seems.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a mate who bought a new Dmax, he absolutley loved it until this problem with the paticulate filter happened allowing the engine to rev up to the limit until something gave.

now hes looking to get rid before its even 12 months old.

:thumbdown:

didnt isuzu repaire/replace the engine under warranty ,any issues should be sorted @ the 12k service interval

didnt isuzu repaire/replace the engine under warranty ,any issues should be sorted @ the 12k service interval

Isuzu were contacted and told of the problem and insisted on sending out someone even tho they were told it could not be fixed on site (wasting my mates time as it meant more time off work) then they decided it needed to be recovered and taken in to the dealers.

I think he said they ended up replacing the turbo and the dp filter but said they had to charge him for the filter!

I told him what a fool I thought he was, it hadn't even reached it first service interval. If it had been my truck I would of said come and get it and don't bother bringing it back.

Isuzu were contacted and told of the problem and insisted on sending out someone even tho they were told it could not be fixed on site (wasting my mates time as it meant more time off work) then they decided it needed to be recovered and taken in to the dealers.

I think he said they ended up replacing the turbo and the dp filter but said they had to charge him for the filter!

I told him what a fool I thought he was, it hadn't even reached it first service interval. If it had been my truck I would of said come and get it and don't bother bringing it back.

he needs to chat to head office

I bought a Dmax Eiger automatic in March, had issues with dpf since 50 miles in. No matter how it's driven, dpf light appears regularly. Dealer took it in at start and eventually sorted the issue... until about 1500 miles later, problem with dpf started again. Have been hassling them for the last few months, Isuzu can't seem to give the dealer a permanent solution. Performance doesn't seem to be affected but I'm concerned about what further problems this will lead to.

I bought a Dmax Eiger automatic in March, had issues with dpf since 50 miles in. No matter how it's driven, dpf light appears regularly. Dealer took it in at start and eventually sorted the issue... until about 1500 miles later, problem with dpf started again. Have been hassling them for the last few months, Isuzu can't seem to give the dealer a permanent solution. Performance doesn't seem to be affected but I'm concerned about what further problems this will lead to.

Keep an eye on the oil level if it starts to rise get it to the dealers and burn their ears to change that and the oil filter free until they find a proper cure.

mines in for its 12,000 service ,& a few mods & updates ,international motors are known to be good @ sorting issues out ,the ranger & dmax are rated @ 3,5t,mines an auto box ,iv had shy of 11mths ,

Hi Johny,

what mods and updates are due?

Mines nearly on its 12k service (5 months old).

So far (touch wood) mine has been faultless. I was the biggest sceptic having always had landrovers, but so far I have not had the landrover back out (I kept it in case).

Hi Johny,

So far (touch wood) mine has been faultless. I was the biggest sceptic having always had landrovers, but so far I have not had the landrover back out (I kept it in case).

If yours is only 5 months old hopefully it should have all the mods. Earlier models have had a couple of software updates to try & resolve dpf regen issues. Common fault with over enthusiastic blocked fuel filter warning light, there have been two filter re-designs to fix but not sure they've got it right yet. Ours still lights up occasionally (2012 model). Oil dipstick re-designed, not sure why, maybe so you don't notice the oil level rising 😕

Hi Johny,

not sure will tell u next wk wen its done