New timberwolf 150

jack88

I thing TW need to consider the feed aperture size , many brands have moved forward and accepted that a 6"x6" feed dimension is not sufficient . Ok in fairness it does not become apparent until you have used a machine the has a 6"x8" feed aperture and see how the amount of snedding prior to chipping and how little you have to reverse the feed rollers because the thorn branch still won't go through or how surprised you are then the bendy tangled up oak that normally will not let you chip it without a fight actually goes through with no grief what so ever - all of this leads to a lot of time being saved and therefore if the new TW was a little more expensive as a consequence I don't think people would mind . That being said the TW150 is not sold as a contractors machine so the chances of and game changing alterations are probably quite slim

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I agree that a letterbox opening would be a benefit to the 150, however I could pick faults with all the chippers I have used. If chipper manufactures actually listened to the people that use them then we may get the perfect chipper:)

Hodge

I agree , we have ended up with a mixed bag of Chippers , we are now using a schliesing 200 which I have actually been really really impressed with . However it does weigh over 750 kg which limits who can tow it .

Anyway back to the TW thread - I also think that a ratcheting clutch and slightly heavier flywheel would do the TW a world of good

I agree , we have ended up with a mixed bag of Chippers , we are now using a schliesing 200 which I have actually been really really impressed with . However it does weigh over 750 kg which limits who can tow it .

Anyway back to the TW thread - I also think that a ratcheting clutch and slightly heavier flywheel would do the TW a world of good

Please explain a ratcheting clutch? I trained as a mechanic in the late 80's and I've never come across that term before???:)

Hodge

To put it simple a ratcheting clutch is a bit like a ratchet in a socket set - drives one way free wheels the other way

When you turn the engine off it allows the flywheel to carry on turning instead of being slowed up by the engine stopping

Less strain on moving parts and less wear on drive belts

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

The type of ratchet clutch in the video above would not be used on a chipper as the drive gear would be rotating to fats to engage - that type of ratchet clutch would only be used on slow rotating drive systems!!

Is it a chipper, is it a mower or another broken stump grinder who cares we'll fix it!

Over run clutch on a tractor pto shaft is doing basically the same thing

There are different ways of producing the free wheel motion in one direction

And locked drive motion in the other direction but the overall goal is the same.