MS200 carb mod.

Graham

With two 200Ts running like the proverbial 'crock of' I thought it about time to do something. I did the carb mod carb repair for the ms 200T

Also opened up the muffler and the difference is amazing. Instant pick up, stays in tune and end of frustration:001_smile:

Having just played with my MS150 with great results Ill be having a crack at this also, thanks for posting.

I bet within 2 weeks I wont own a non-modded saw!

Just for the record, the accelerator pump does just that - it gives the engine a little kick of fuel when accelerating from idle.

If the carb has no running issues and you do this mod, it is likely to take a tad off your low end pick up but be unnoticeable on full running speed.

If the carb has accelerator pump issues, they are damn similar to a leaking welch plug, then this mod will stabilize a wandering idle and turn the carb in to something like the non accelerated 020T carb if the pump is failing.

The early carbs had softer pumps that wore, the later ones are much better and have not had issues with these ones! I get quite selective in which ones I mod and which I leave!

Both mine had accelerator pump problems so rather than try and fix something that really wasn't going to fix I did the mod. Carbs were prefixed s126. I think the link gives a list of carb numbers. They are both around four years old.