How Much Money Can a Climber Make Abroad?

Thom

£350 a day is top of the game and doing 14 hr days, then there is the Scandinavian tax system 48% I believe in Norway . In Sweden it's around that too... So prob around £13 an hour if you do pay tax. Have good child care benefits though if you have the family

I'm subbying so getting paid into a uk account and paying uk tax and national insurance

Sent from my iPad using Arbtalk

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing is, here in Frenchy France you can buy a decent house already renovated by a Brit at a keen price because the market is swamped with expats desperate to sell their properties.

For around £60K a family home that would cost you £250K back in Angleterre.

Ty

This sounds appealing mate. Where do you work? Is it an easy market for a climber to break into? Je parlais un peux de francais, mais pas beaucoup

Hi.

My partner and I want to buy a house in the UK but as first time buyers, and with property prices as they are, saving enough for a deposit seems almost impossible. So we're thinking that maybe I can earn a lot more money working abroad for a couple of years and come back with some savings.

Does anyone know which countries pay well for tree work? I'm a climber with three years experience and loads of tickets.

Thom do you work for midland in Bristol?

This sounds appealing mate. Where do you work? Is it an easy market for a climber to break into? Je parlais un peux de francais, mais pas beaucoup

There is a shortage of climbers out here as the training placements are limited unlike in the U.K where Arbs are churned out.

(I was one of the churned myself!)

There is a thread on working and living in France in the International forum if you search it.

Regards

Ty

Yeah sometimes I wonder what the hell I'm doing out here. If you just want to get money in your bank account this might be the way to do it but it kills any love for the work you might once have had.

Rent is expensive here but veggies are cheap, rice and pasta are cheap. It's not impossible to live cheap, in fact it's pretty easy working long days

Sounds like you are living the dream

There is a shortage of climbers out here as the training placements are limited unlike in the U.K where Arbs are churned out.

(I was one of the churned myself!)

There is a thread on working and living in France in the International forum if you search it.

Regards

Ty

Where are these arbs if they are being churned out as there is a real shortage here of skilled Arborists to.