arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

The Hilux tipper is not completely off the scene, Mick the welder has just fitted the tipping gear off it to a single cab Ranger. Changed it to high sides and fitted tie downs inside. Should stop the small stumpy and other gear rolling about. Just rear lights to sort out and fit some side boxes :thumbup1:

Bob

IMG_3024.thumb.JPG.f5bd7985a2aff03d8e0880bce2fac246.JPGIMG_3023.thumb.JPG.a9fb3b5758be677e42b33aa848cdbd28.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

So, i finally have something to post in this thread!
For our first years, we have just been using our personal vehicles, with small trailers, to haul our gear. But, we wanted to upgrade to a tipper trailer, we wanted to store all our gear in one vehicle, and me and the missus needed a second vehicle anyway.
So, I´ve bought a 2014 MK8 Transit!
She´s done 186.000 gentle miles (sorta) had the engine replaced at 100k miles, and always been maintained by a Ford dealership (they are okay here in Denmark, in contrast to what you guys write about the UK dealers).
Its one owner, a blacksmith. The service interval is 20.000 miles, but he always changed the oil at 10.000. He is a friend of a friend, and generally takes very good care of his gear and cars, so i felt safe buying.
Buuuuuut, it was still a used car, so after a month, the cooler decided to die on me. Well, it needed and oil chance anyway, and i did the gearbox fluids while we were at it. All good, until March, when the clutch decided to die as well! So now that the van and my bank account have properly met each other, I will have to keep her for a while! Which is okay, because now she actually drives very well - i am thinking about a light remap though, there is absolutely no power under 2000 rpm.
We live in a very hilly area, and with 2800 kgs on the hook, you need to work to get up ;)

As you can tell from the pictures, we also bought a used, 4 year old Henra 2700 kg tipper. The two have been a gamechanger for our little company. We can now clean up much more efficiently, and renting a MEWP is now cheaper because we can tow it ourselves.
I do wish the Transit could tow 3500 kg, but that will be for the next van :)

20200224_112941.jpg

20200130_173354.jpg

20200111_190050.jpg

20200104_092144.jpg

20200327_142244.jpg

• Like 3