arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

2 hours ago, monkeybusiness said:

Nice looking setup! 
Out of interest what sort of price is a trailer like that new/used in Denmark? 

Thanks! Hopefully by the end of this summer, the Transit will have some sort of storage setup on the inside, right now its just an empty belly :)

The trailer was 27000DKK + VAT which equals to 3260 GBP + VAT. 
We saved 18600 DKK or 2246 GBP over buying it new. We did change the battery shortly after, but otherwise it has been running great. The rear tires have some scuffing, but i think we will swap them front and rear, and then buy new ones next year :)
Oh and we also added the plywood to the sides, but that was fairly cheap.

• Like 1

On 18/12/2019 at 23:30, richy_B said:

I wondered if it was a European thing to cover vehicles like this? 3t tow vehicle and a 9t trailer/load combo.  These 'mini artics' would be great in urban environments. Not sure if they are legal in the UK though. 

Rich, I´m only seeing this now, but they are legal. There is a few here in Denmark, mainly old Ivecos. The wegith limit is 7 tonne - 3500 kilo vehicle, 3500 kilo trailer. That is, IF you want to stay one a BE license. In theory, if you have a CE, there is nothing stopping you in using a 7,5 truck for towing a bigger trailer. If the truck is rated for it, of course :)

• 1 month later...

Maybe a daft question but I'm not sure! 

My new iveco is 24v, I'm used to a 12v! A good 12v battery is usually high 12s maybe 13v. What should good 24v battey(ies) be?  

Mine (2 x 12v in series) currently sit about 24.6-24.7 and I'm wondering if I need to replace this autumn. I'd ha e thought I'd want 25-26v with the engine off.

24.4v - 25.7v is typically what i see when i plug on at 6 weekly service, our trucks are all 2+ yrs old now, oldest being 4yrs old now, occasionally i see them up at 28v, but that same truck 6 weeks later can show 25v.

I also test each battery on its own, both under load (lights on) and in static state (nothing on, not even ignition) long as they are 11v or above i leave alone. Dont seem to create any issues. If below 11v then i replace, but always as a pair, cos a bad battery can pull the other one down, and as our trucks do nights out nationwide i dont want a callout or breakdown as a result of only changing one. The one good battery i take off i switch out for use on our shunters or forklift etc cos theyre only pottering round yard so not as critical.

Eventually decided to revamp the old grafter as she's a good truck that was never intended to stay long so had a bodged on body but two years later is still doing us good service so time to treat her.
Joy of owning a crane and plasma cutter made shortening the tipper easier today

DSC_0829.jpegDSC_0834.jpeg

Got the toolbox fitted thisafternoon and a few bits welded up but forgot to take pictures so more to follow

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Gray git said:

Eventually decided to revamp the old grafter as she's a good truck that was never intended to stay long so had a bodged on body but two years later is still doing us good service so time to treat her.
Joy of owning a crane and plasma cutter made shortening the tipper easier today

DSC_0829.jpegDSC_0834.jpeg

Got the toolbox fitted thisafternoon and a few bits welded up but forgot to take pictures so more to follow

I like the look of that telehandler John, what's the chances of posting up a review on it?

Bob

• Like 1