arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

Not so much a work truck but time I changed my 2007 Wildtrak for a more up to date model,been looking for a while and wanted manual/canopy so finally found this 3.2TDi 2015 picked it up today I also  have a 2008 Wildtrak tipper won’t buy any other truck.6B35893A-C0A5-419A-8544-751F6D02DDD6.thumb.jpeg.332c811223f43539e706cb0ed21c1de6.jpeg

• Like 5

Just now, swinny said:

So was my 2016 tw230 and my 2019 ifor. Cut the plugs off and put 7 pin on to match my trucks. There's only one extra wire in there that's not needed.

Ah I see. I’ve changed the fleet except one transit we abuse which is running a 7 pin hook up otherwise everything else is running 13 pin now. The only problem I’ve had with a 13 pin was on  the Hilux as it seems to have a bad connection. Other than that, all been fine.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, richy_B said:

I wondered if it was a European thing to cover vehicles like this? 3t tow vehicle and a 9t trailer/load combo.  These 'mini artics' would be great in urban environments. Not sure if they are legal in the UK though. 

40-c16-met-5m-en-kobelco-55-lv-1030x687.

I'm sure they are legal, although I don't know weight limits. There are plenty of 'fifth wheel' American Motor homes towed in this country by 'standard' pick-ups.

Edited by eggsarascal

4 minutes ago, AHPP said:

Aspen Bob has posted on here about the legality of fifth wheel towing before.

Do you have a link back?  I have searched but cant seem to find it.  

I have seen fifth wheel set ups on pickups (for motorhomes) but these are usually 4t ish trailers with 500-1000kg of the weight on the nose (taking the pickups payload).  I wonder if you can run a 7.5t, using its 3t payload and its 4.5t towing capacity? Basically being able to tow a 5t excavator to site with that combo.

Edited by richy_B