arbtalkers arbtrucks

treewizard

20 minutes ago, John Shutler said:

ruined for about a day until the swap the plug and bolt the roof on ?

Yeah, I'm not actually bothered, everyone makes mistakes and they were pretty "on it" when they realised they had forgotten some bits. I've just notice I don't have any ladder stops on the rear crossbar either DAMMIT!

Its cost me about £1k for my O license. I am on 10 weekly checks which are about £100 each plus any repairs. Insuring a 7.5t has come back the same a my T350 tipper.  So overall its going to cost me £500-1000 a year more than the transit it will replace. But as you have said you get a lot capability for your money. The 7-7.5 tonners I have looked at have 3-4t payload and can tow 3.5t at the same time. I do a mix of everything but generally this means I can tow my multione behind and have a 20+ heavy standards/3 ton of ballast or MOT/stems or rings. I do quite a bit of watering as well so its the difference between an IBC at 1100 litres and a 3500 litre tank. 

When you look at it, you think you are mad and should have done it years ago....

If you are buying new as well you can get a Iveco 72c tipper or Isuzu N75 tipper straight from a main dealer for 33-35k plus VAT. Compared to £25-£28k for a 3.5t transit etc.  
Make sure you have the correct licence to tow anything more than 750kg with 7.5 tonner mate. I think it might be hgv1 you need.
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Marc Lewis said:
On 25/11/2019 at 21:48, richy_B said:
Its cost me about £1k for my O license. I am on 10 weekly checks which are about £100 each plus any repairs. Insuring a 7.5t has come back the same a my T350 tipper.  So overall its going to cost me £500-1000 a year more than the transit it will replace. But as you have said you get a lot capability for your money. The 7-7.5 tonners I have looked at have 3-4t payload and can tow 3.5t at the same time. I do a mix of everything but generally this means I can tow my multione behind and have a 20+ heavy standards/3 ton of ballast or MOT/stems or rings. I do quite a bit of watering as well so its the difference between an IBC at 1100 litres and a 3500 litre tank. 

When you look at it, you think you are mad and should have done it years ago....

If you are buying new as well you can get a Iveco 72c tipper or Isuzu N75 tipper straight from a main dealer for 33-35k plus VAT. Compared to £25-£28k for a 3.5t transit etc.  

Read more  

Make sure you have the correct licence to tow anything more than 750kg with 7.5 tonner mate. I think it might be hgv1 you need.

I'm sure it's c1+e.

1 hour ago, allseasons said:

If you dont mind me
Asking where did you get the truck from? Im looking at going bigger too but not sure as yet

Are you asking me? I've not got it yet. So far I've been to Isuzu and Iveco main dealers. They have quite a lot of new or year old stock.  My issue (not unique but lesser common) is the LEZ and ULEZ in London. It basically means it has to be Euro6 onwards. 

Edited by richy_B

1 minute ago, Marc Lewis said:
2 hours ago, richy_B said:
I'm sure it's c1+e.

It may well be. It would be worth double checking mate. I'm sure many on here know....

Medium-sized vehicles

Category C1

You can drive vehicles between 3,500 and 7,500kg MAM (with a trailer up to 750kg).

Category C1E

You can drive C1 category vehicles with a trailer over 750kg.

The combined MAM of both cannot exceed 12,000kg.

• Like 1

+e is the trailer element. 

The bit I don't quite get (I understand what it means) is the MAM of 12t meaning a 7.5t vehicle pulling a 4.5t trailer. Is there such a thing as a 4.5t trailer?  I've only ever seen the usual ifor type 3.5t then its proper drawbar trailers 12t upwards. Doesnt seem to be anything in between?    

Edited by richy_B