12 quotes to do today.

TIMON

That sounds a very interesting business project.

I am looking at starting an company with 'association' status in order to give work to immigrants and aid their integration into French society.

Mainly garden work and cleaning services. Also roof and gutter cleaning which seems to be the reserve of the 'travelling' community.

Regards

Ty

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just interested in what you say about building upon the foundations others have laid. Is it a commercial enterprise or relying upon publicly or privately funded support?

Our tree firm is a charitable business that provides work and training for recovering addicts. All the proceeds go to provide the finance to run our residential recovery centres.

We receive no government or statutory funding and residents don't collect any benefits. We also have landscaping teams and furniture restoration/retail businesses.

The tree business in its present form has been going for the last two years.

This year we acquired the unimog as a second truck. And two of us passed our 38/39. The others have their 30/31 tickets. We are committed to pursuing excellence in the industry and hope to become arb approved contractors in the not too distant future.

Thanks for your interest and encouragement .

Timon

Nice one 5shires! I ended up doing 10 in the end and landed 6!

All in all a reasonable day :)

Got another 10 tomorrow .....

Would much rather be in the trees but.. No quotes no trees!!

No time to climb if you doing that many quotes, do you have to type and send them ( Either e-mail or typed )? You have no help in the quoting then?may be good idea to start taking someone with you and train them up how to quotes? Espicaly if you looking at going ARB APPROVED. You may get even more work.

Good thing what your doing. Do all your lads get min wage, team leaders etc and you supply all the kit? You do utility's aswell?:thumbup1:

No our admin dept prints all of our invoices. I hand write the initial quote and give the customer the printed one on completion. Entry to betel is free of charge and residents work in our charitable businesses for free to help pay for their recovery. I came to Betel 8 years ago in a mess and decided to stay and help build the project. Best move I ever made :)

Doubtful that we would ever get into utility side of things. Domestic work suits us best. As far as arb approved goes we just want to be working to good industry standard.

No our admin dept prints all of our invoices. I hand write the initial quote and give the customer the printed one on completion. Entry to betel is free of charge and residents work in our charitable businesses for free to help pay for their recovery. I came to Betel 8 years ago in a mess and decided to stay and help build the project. Best move I ever made :)

Doubtful that we would ever get into utility side of things. Domestic work suits us best. As far as arb approved goes we just want to be working to good industry standard.

Sounds all very organised, what's the turn around of guys you have,do they stay long? And I got to ask , because you have volunteers helping does that mean you can be a little less tight with your pricing?

Only asking and not being funny about in in anyway, I think what you are doing is really good but just curious how you do your pricing? Is it the same pricing structure as if you were a none voluntary organisation :thumbup:

I do a bit of work with ex-addicts and if i'm honest i was a little apprehensive at the beginning, but they have been the most enthusiastic, hard working bunch and a pleasure to work with. I look forward to sessions with them and its great to see the support they give each other.

Hats off to you!

Sounds all very organised, what's the turn around of guys you have,do they stay long? And I got to ask , because you have volunteers helping does that mean you can be a little less tight with your pricing?

Only asking and not being funny about in in anyway, I think what you are doing is really good but just curious how you do your pricing? Is it the same pricing structure as if you were a none voluntary organisation :thumbup:

Hi shires,

I aim between £450-£650 for a three man team. That seems to be the going rate round here. Any less we don't cover our costs...

Our operation costs are astronomical,

Large residential centres. Fleets of vehicles.. Equipment...Heat, light. Insurance. Communications...etc..etc..etc

Hi shires,

I aim between £450-£650 for a three man team. That seems to be the going rate round here. Any less we don't cover our costs...

Our operation costs are astronomical,

Large residential centres. Fleets of vehicles.. Equipment...Heat, light. Insurance. Communications...etc..etc..etc

You based in Wales, Pembroke Area? If yes £650 sounds bout right for 3 man team and equipment and poss a bit more.

Ya overheads are a killer and soon eats your profits away. Still, sounds like you got it sussed and doing all rite

Do you stay busy through the winter and keep all your teams on?