Online arb qualifications

Cloud9climber

I did the Rfs on an evening course however I had new born and stressed wife ended up missing the exam as I hadn't studied. Started again from fesh just working off the syllabus using google. Two months hard study every night for 2-3hrs and rebooked the exam I ended up with a credit.

If you can be strict with yourself to put in the work make a work book based on the syllabus to give you something to revise once you've been through it all with notes and pictures. Then you can just book the exam.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also looking to do the RFS Cert through Myerscough in Sept., and I've to do a pre entry assignment.

I also work away from home a lot which might be a concern if I have deadlines in which to complete the various assignments.

Also, I seem to be rather pants at remembering the Latin names, I've read several books which tend to do that ear to ear thing!

I've also heard of numerous people dropping out of this course which makes me wonder just how difficult a course it is? For those that have already done this course, do you get plenty of tutor support should you require it?

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

18 stoner, I didn't say my life is too hectic to do it. Realistically I work around 12 hours days with travelling! Anyway not the point, i just didn't want it to take over my life for 2 years. If I could work 2-3 nights a week on it that would be great which is what I am asking?

Does the isa arb credited actually mean anything or is the level 2 rfs more respected? The isa does sound like its

More for me in the way that you can do it whenever you want and it is just a exam!

Experiences with any of these would help, it says 1 year on the Internet for rfs level 2, but then some people were saying 2-3 years and its very difficult, anyone shed some

Light?

Thanks

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Iv been doing my own research into it mate and it depends what your looking for, I want to do my level 4 but need and access course before I can start it...

I started the rfs years ago but then joined the military so never finished it. The isa for me is the better option. Because once complete I can then do my level 4

Mr_D how come you need the access course? I've talked to tree life today and I can do my level 4 with me already having nvq L2

I would think its because you already have L2. L4 is higher education so you need access to it. L2 is same level as GCSE. If you went to do any form of higher education you would need lower quals to access. At least L2, possibly L3 - e.g. national dip or a level.

I would think its because you already have L2. L4 is higher education so you need access to it. L2 is same level as GCSE. If you went to do any form of higher education you would need lower quals to access. At least L2, possibly L3 - e.g. national dip or a level.

That's it, because I have no formal tree qual I need to do isa or rfs level two first, before doing my level 4...like I said I started my level 2 and passed the first mod but never finished it. Isa seems a bit more suited to me as warwickshire college have stopped doing night time classes

I'd like to hear from someone that's done the L4, sorry for hi jacking your post. I'm concerned that the jump from L2 to L4 is to great. Though surely I can't be expected to know all the units covered I'm there to learn.

After looking at the qualifications framework (Scotland and England have different levels, 8 and 5 for my HND Horticulture) I take it the ABC rfs L2 is going to be a doddle for me personally.

Is it worth me doing ABC rfs L2 course as basic knowledge for a slightly different discipline or should I aim higher from the outset. I skipped all the basic courses for Horticulture as I had previously studied HND computer programming so passed all the entry requirements. Top of the class with distinctions and prizes so it didn't hinder me. Always easier when you have an interest in the subject.IMO

It would need to be online which therein lies the problem.

The Rfs is mainly based around soils and basic biology for whoever posted the 1st question you won't have a problem self studying as long as you do it 2hrs a night if that even an hr would be fine.

L2 isn't hard I think it jumps up at L3 however you can go from a L2 to L4.

You won't get a huge amount of tutor support on an Rfs L2 part time course but you won't need it the internet will help with any q's you should have or here!

From what I've researched that I'm looking to start this sept is the tech cert L3 its a day a week and requires a lot more dedication than the L2 but is more recognised if looking to go into consultancy or junior tree officer position.