More helmet camera

RC0

This was today’s job, although only a morning really. A skinny beech tree in a back garden, pretty straight forward. This was Andrew Bennets job who you’ll see do a beautiful job with the portowrap, especially with the 19mm rope towards the end.

Last vid for a while, apparently I’ll be divorced if I continue to spend so much time on the forums…… so there you have it. Enjoy the footage, about 7 minutes.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... apparently I’ll be divorced if I continue to spend so much time on the forums……

Keep up the vids Reg, we find them really useful watching them at work together, starts really healthy debate on technique etc.....

Nice work btw.

Why does that quote sound oh so familiar.

Steve, you will probably have to start a divorced Arborists Forum !

nice one was that grcs or portawrap

you seem to tie your half hitch a long way above your gob which puts more slack and shock into the rope than i do

thats not criticism just a point nice choice of saws

nice one was that grcs or portawrap

you seem to tie your half hitch a long way above your gob which puts more slack and shock into the rope than i do

thats not criticism just a point nice choice of saws

That was a portowrap Bob.

Believe it or not it doesn't put any more slack in the system by tying it high up, its a common misconception...trust me it doesn't fall any further. What it does do though is put more rope in the system which only adds to the shock obsorbing qualities. However, tying the block way below the the notch will put more slack in the system.

I didn't notice an eglu Pete

Absolutley brilliant video Reg, the follow through on the branches being lowered was excellent. That tree looked totalled at the base, you 100% sure it was safe to rig from? Could you guarantee that the tree wasn't going to fail during the rigging operations?

Why didn't you guys use a crane what with your crane expertise - surprising.

Roller that tree was around 70ft at a guess.

Tock, access was bad for a crane through the entrance so not really an option. Also, we simply couldn't afford to lose a job like that in January so it was priced accordingly, unfortunately!

I suspect someone had lit a fire at the base some years ago which is why the butt was bolloxed.

As for its structural integrity...well...sometimes its just intuitive, you get a feel for the job as it progresses.

You may or may not have noticed that I was actually tied in to the adjacent tree for the main stem so I could have bailed out if need be.

However, at no point throughout the job did I feel unsafe. Everything was cool and I just cut to a size that was manageable for the guys. A good job for a friday:icon14: