Calling all Dalen owners.

I got a dalen 2052, processes 20 inch gnarly timber all the time, i sadly dont have nice straight wood so it gets tested. i load it with skidsteer and it just munches it up. No belts, just hydraulics. Simple and strong.

HI MATE just seen your dalen on you/tube running small cord then thanks jon

Yea we have a 95kw boiler, 6000l accumulator tank, 100kw hear exchanger fan and insulated 40ft container. Cost £25k through a company who where useless. If i was to do it again i would just buy all the parts and get a plumber to fit it. Pricing it up you would be looking about £15-18k.

With a 95kw boiler we are looking at about £13-15k a year back on RHI. At the moment we are running it completely off processor waste/shavings but im not sure how long thats going to last with the changes coming in.

We have got softwood drying down to 5-10% in 4 days and hardwood down to 20-25% in 10 days and we can fit 36 ibc containers in at one time.

The company tried to sell the system as 2x 95kw boilers and 2x 100kw fans but it just doesn't need it. They originally fitted it with a non insulated container which was pointless, heating the atmosphere! You get double the RHI but the fuel consumption went through the roof. It seems to run a lot better on 1 boiler. In pretty certain you could put a 50Kw fan and exchanger in with 2 x 40ft containers with the same boiler and accumulator and it would work fine. You would double the kiln output. Our fan is turned down and only running at about 25-30%.

Just looked at a Dalen 2052 on you tube looked very slow, the 2054 looked faster about the same speed as the hakki 1x42 which I have but the hakki has extra things like hyd slew conveyor and on new ones a filter in the Shute to remove small debris.

• 3 years later...
On 7/6/2014 at 18:17, Mortimer Firewood said:

Now I have a supplier that can get me the cord I want I need a bigger processor I am been told dalen are the must nuts . Any body had problems?

Hi, did you go for the Dalen in the end?  If so how is it going?

2 hours ago, Radda said:

Hi, did you go for the Dalen in the end?  If so how is it going?

I can recommend the Dalen.  I went from a hakki pilke to the Dalen and its on a completely different level with regards build quality.  The hakki pilke feels positively tinny in comparison.  

• Like 1

We are on our 2nd Dalen 2054 processor, I think for the money they have the best capacity for    Large awkward timber. Click on YouTube and search timjmacx.

they do have their faults, I think the general quality in our earlier machine was actually better than that in our newer machine, it's also a shame they don't do an integrated live log deck.

have also tried Posch equipment and it's very well made