Calling all Dalen owners.

Now I have a supplier that can get me the cord I want I need a bigger processor I am been told dalen are the must nuts . Any body had problems?

HI LGW i was in scotland this so i went around to jas p wilson they have a as new dalen and other makes there to as new some of them mate and it looks to me people are buying posch thanks jon :thumbup:

HI LGW i was in scotland this so i went around to jas p wilson they have a as new dalen and other makes there to as new some of them mate and it looks to me people are buying posch thanks jon :thumbup:

I am not going to nock posch Jon just herd so much about dalen and your getting a machine with huge capacity for very little money. One of the guys I spoke to has been putting 1500 ton a year through his for the last 3 years with only modest maintenance.

I have a dalen processor from Alan at Marshalls and have found it to be very reliable. It is certainly worth getting the log table as well as it saves a lot of time and your back

What model do you have TT any minor problems what size knives do you use?

Need to make an informed decision on this as this will be the first time i finance anything.

I am not going to nock posch Jon just herd so much about dalen and your getting a machine with huge capacity for very little money. One of the guys I spoke to has been putting 1500 ton a year through his for the last 3 years with only modest maintenance.

HI LGW i was up jas p wilson yard last week theres a as NEW dalen pro there 15/18" it will take but the chap who own it sold it for a large posch you need to go to wilson and see how many other makes out being trade in for a posch why is that it because posch are the best out thanks jon :thumbup:

HI LWG the new price of the dalen i seen last week was new price £40/45k that not cheap and the chap had it no time at i could on to other that i was told about im not looking for pro thanks jon :thumbup:

Sorry jon thats not the feed back i am getting they make good splitters but a lot of the larger producers are turning to Transaw or Dalen. I spoke with a lot of owners and Dalen keeps been highly spoken of.

HI LGW well I've been to wilson last week and there was as new dalen there it on there site to jappa loads of makes and it ok to get a large pro like a dealer said to me but you good size timber to use if the pro 15/18" as you no it no good on 6"/12" as you will better off on a small pro it not my money but you do have to think weres all the timber coming from then in the size of 12/18" thanks jon

Jon you do bang on about Posch. Sure they're well made but come at heavy price.

My ten pence worth not owning either but having had a long hard look at processors for a couple of years.

Dalen was my second choice and that was because our baby tractor could not lift it to move around. They look very well put together and nice infeed that allows misshapen lengths to be fed in. Simple but in a good way. Watched the Posch demo at the APF 2 years ago and it appeared to only like gun barrel straight lengths and did not look very quick with a lot of fiddling around with logs in the splitting chamber.

I think Theocus on here runs a Dalen so might be worth giving him a PM