stolen concrete crusher

dig-dug-dan

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you get the name and number of the policeman that tried to fob you off?

The fact that this started off as a commercial transaction is irrelevant, the failure to return the item is theft and is therefore a criminal matter. Your remedies for the guy failing to pay etc are civil matters but for the police not to take action over the theft is criminal.

The definition of theft is "the dishonest appropriation of property belonging to another with the intention of permanently depriving the other of it."

I suggest contacting the police again and ask them to explain to you why, given the facts, they do not consider the matter to be theft because it appears to satisfy the definition. Advise them that if they do not change their view you will make a formal complaint.

You should also write to your MP.

Dan,can you PM me ASAP ref your crusher theft,need to speak to you about a simmilar incident over here in sunny staffordshire.

Jez

no one called jez. Would be good to speak to the victim direct though??

I am being asked to pay £1700 to a bank account in exchange for information leading to its whearabouts! the police will still not take action

Contact Herts police & crime commissioner David Lloyd on, 01707 806100 & report as organised fraud. Explain PC misunderstood the situation or the law.

You are entitled to an appointment with him if necessary, if you prefer face to face discussion.

Spiral

no one called jez. Would be good to speak to the victim direct though??

I am being asked to pay £1700 to a bank account in exchange for information leading to its whearabouts! the police will still not take action

Can you clarify his post? Is a member asking for money in exchange for information regarding the theft?

Can you clarify his post? Is a member asking for money in exchange for information regarding the theft?

nope, one of the "thieves" is asking me to part with £1700 and then they will tell me where it is!

insurance company can take it from here.

Machine will surface eventually, just a waiting game now.

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT NEWS!

I got a phone call today from a guy who owns an industrial unit, to ask if i knew my crusher was parked up with the trailer round the back of one of his units.

He read the serial number off to me, so it hadn't been ground off. It was dumped there two weeks ago, and he thought one of the other tenants had hired it, but once he enquired with everyone, it was clear it was not hired.

I raced up there with a colleague, and to my amazement, it was just as i left it tied down on the trailer, full of fuel, same hours on the clock. They had stolen the key, and ripped off the sign from the back, but thrown it into the trailer.

I had to drill the lock on the trailer hitch as they had the only key.

I had just ordered a new trailer, but since i was going to replace it anyway, i will sell the old one on ebay.

WHAT A RESULT!! just need to cancel the insurance payout

GREAT NEWS!

I got a phone call today from a guy who owns an industrial unit, to ask if i knew my crusher was parked up with the trailer round the back of one of his units.

He read the serial number off to me, so it hadn't been ground off. It was dumped there two weeks ago, and he thought one of the other tenants had hired it, but once he enquired with everyone, it was clear it was not hired.

I raced up there with a colleague, and to my amazement, it was just as i left it tied down on the trailer, full of fuel, same hours on the clock. They had stolen the key, and ripped off the sign from the back, but thrown it into the trailer.

I had just ordered a new trailer, but since i was going to replace it anyway, i will sell the old one on ebay.

:thumbup: great news

GREAT NEWS!

Cracking result!.....The hard working man comes out on top.:thumbup: