a good top handle saw please

RichieR

I had one of the first 26cc echo top handle saws fitted with a 10 " bar . I killed it within 18 months . Mind you it was such a delight to use in the tree . I just totally abused it . Instead of light pruning , conifer reductions I was doing takedowns with it ? and well maxing the 10" bar capacity every day . Might get another one and use it for what it was intended for :lol:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really enjoying the new echo (350tes?). Also been using the 260 for a couple of years now, it's like the cheaper AMA saws but better build quality. Both are a joy to use, and the larger echo really has some grunt to it. Won't be going back to Husky or Stihl, Echo make some great tools, and they have 2 year warranties. It's a no-brainer for me now.

Mine is the 350tes, I think. Or 360tes.

Oh I don't know but I do know it's not the new one.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk mobile app.

Yep, the 350 is a lighter build than the new 360, which is beefed up in strength.:001_smile:

i got a 12'' 1/4 pitch stihl bar off some one cheap and stuck in on an MS170 (the power!) and i coudn't believe how much nippier it made it. unless there is a major downside i don;t know about yet i'll prob work all my smaller says over to 1/4 pitch as you seem to get much faster cutting.

2 years pro, 5 years domestic, cant beat that, I have owned Echo saws for a good few years, they are fine, even the domestic ones, the 360 is a pro saw, & marketed as such, so that dealer,( who has probably never run a saw in his life), was talking poppycock...:biggrin:

2 years pro, 5 years domestic, cant beat that, I have owned Echo saws for a good few years, they are fine, even the domestic ones, the 360 is a pro saw, & marketed as such, so that dealer,( who has probably never run a saw in his life), was talking poppycock...:biggrin:

But what it the warranty like? Although I have found this to be dealer dependent some will try to charge for warranty repair or some I would not trust to fix a mechanical pencil let alone a 2 stroke engine.