a good top handle saw please

RichieR

Oh an Echo and Shindaiwas have great engines, much not so ergonomic and can be fragile with AV mounts too. I would LOVE to try out the new Echo top handle looks awesome and I wanted one instead of the Husky but not available in NZ yet.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh an Echo and Shindaiwas have great engines, much not so ergonomic and can be fragile with AV mounts too. I would LOVE to try out the new Echo top handle looks awesome and I wanted one instead of the Husky but not available in NZ yet.

bought one in the week,used for the 1st time today.

echo 360tes,not the quality of stilhl/husky but it was £200 cheaper at 336 quid:thumbup:

defo up there with the power

I worked full time climbing for 20 years and most of that time I only used back handle saws 242xp mostly , and I could often look at a tree pruned by some one else and could tell if it had been pruned with an 020 just by the cuts and angles etc , using one often ( not always ) encouraged 1 handed use with subsequent lack of control ( often dangerously ) and not bothering to obtain a good work position . I worked at Merrist Wood in the mid 90's and I know this was taught there at that time , Jack Kenyon's input I believe ...however most students just wanted an 020 just as much as a checked shirt and a hi lux ! ( this is meant light heartedly !) Is it not possible to do CS 39 without a top handled saw ?

I've had all 3 of the so called best top handles, for me it goes

1. ms200 only if the carb is working properly

2. Ms201 I own this saw still. The old ones were terrible the new ones are decent

3 540xp which I kinda own the dealer has had it longer than me. This saw is a pile a crap that likes to spend it's time in the dealers

I've came to the conclusion that who ever was raving on about how good the husky 540 was has either, never used a husky 540 and is just passing on from what they have heard off a mate or has never used a ms200/201 or even a 020t because I really don't know how you can be happy with a saw that is poorly built, uses cheap plastics and needs choking every 5 mins when you turn it off. Also it sounds terrible

Just want to add I'm not husky bashing i own a 560 and have just purchased a 550 which are both cracking saws specially if you compare them to the sthil counterparts.

Also reading these top handle threads annoys me it reminds me of wasting £560 2 months ago