What tablet?

iPad mini. Don't need retina display, bit over £200. Spend £60-70 on a lifeproof case for them and you'll be laughing.

I went for the Ipad mini (32G memory) as well, not the Retina display one. I am very pleased so far. At present just trying it experimenting with loading business images .pdfs, using MAC Pages and Numbers applications. When upgraded to the latest IOS it can be just a little slow, but that is being picky. Short term it looks to be fine for photo's of work done and reference books/documents/files. I hope to be able to have a template invoice or/and invoicing application on it.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reliability and security is mostly about operating systems and application (app store) verification, so the claim that Apple is just Samsung dressed up is ridiculous. Also, NO mobile OS's run Flash.

The RAM in Macs is made by Samsung.

Hodge

I vote for iPad as well. Also worth noting that you can get your staff to upload to Dropbox or something similar at the end of each day that way you have access to everything even if your iPad fails(which is unlikely). Uploading via 3G networks.

I got a nexus 7 after recommendations on here. Been fantastic. The other half has a iPad and yes its slightly nicer to use but for what you want I'd say go with the nexus.

In the end its more about how easy the software is to use cos its not easy then nobody's going to want to use it no matter whether its an iPad, nexus or whatever.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Arbtalk mobile app

The op clearly said no to Apple. If any of you were looking for a new car on a budget and people kept suggesting a porch, you wouldn't be too happy

No I definitely wouldn't be happy, if I was looking for a cheap car, and everyone suggested I just go build myself a veranda :001_tongue:

On a more serious note, if someone said they wanted to start a professional treecare company, but was going to buy B&Q saws, I think it would be reasonable to advise buying pro saws for pro use. Same situation in this case, IMHO

So you claim that a computer is just RAM dressed up. Come on!

I don't claim anything. I have 2 Apple MacBooks, an I mac, 2 I pads and an I phone! I love apple. I put some new ram in the other day and the ram I removed which was in from when I got it was made by Samsung. So come on yerself.

Hodge

No I definitely wouldn't be happy, if I was looking for a cheap car, and everyone suggested I just go build myself a veranda :001_tongue:

On a more serious note, if someone said they wanted to start a professional treecare company, but was going to buy B&Q saws, I think it would be reasonable to advise buying pro saws for pro use. Same situation in this case, IMHO

Verandas are underrated as methods of transportation lol. But there are good cheap tablets. Iv had apple devices before and I don't see the fuss tbh. An Android device can do anything an iPad can, perhaps with half a seconds difference but they make up for it with price

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Arbtalk mobile app