Amazing bit of felling!

truncator

<div id="fb-root"></div> <script>(function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_GB/all.js#xfbml=1"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, 'script', 'facebook-jssdk'));</script>

<div class="fb-post" data-href="

" data-width="466"><div class="fb-xfbml-parse-ignore"><a href="
">Post</a> by <a href="https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100007366990357">Kevin Wood</a>.</div></div> Edited by truncator
Trying to work out how to post embed!

Meh,

Straight bole, predictable timber structure, an the gap was close in/near by.

I ud welcome the chance to try btw, never yet having presented with the opportunity.

But I was dropping twisted, leaning, irregular, bruckle Lodgepole Pine on a hat sized target "on the fly", no studying, nor no wedges, course it did not matter iffen I got it wrong, which allowed me the confidence to get it right!

cheers,

m

Edited by difflock

I tried a Washingtonia Palm fell in Portugal a few years ago, the gate way was a lot further away though, and just as tight. The trunk made it through, but one of the lower fronds pulled over a poorly build ten metre block wall. I did the two day job in half a day! Then spent the next three days rebuilding the wall. Funny now, at the time it wasn't!!

You're only as good as your last fell:laugh1:

Sods law says the trunk would have bounced and taken out the house wall if I'd done that.

Ha ha yes me too! hero to zero and back again with every tree!

I found a gif for people who do not use facebook!

timber-amazing-tree-felling.gif