Hedge Laying Accreditation....

Bundle 2

Hi People,

As the title suggests, I am interested to find information regarding hedgelaying .

If there are any of you who are accredited(?) or can furnish me with the facts vis a vis the different training schemes and/or professional bodies in the uk, please post. I am trying to mediate a dispute that appears to be getting out of hand. I am aware of numerous, regional, society groups...I am in East Anglia. To whom might I direct my enquiries in an attempt to establish some basic facts and figures regarding this skill?

Thanx for your attention to this matter.

I am currently having an issue regarding hedge laying accreditation, was going to do some locally for a group of people to show them how to do it, but now they want to see certificates etc, i mean ffs its a rural skill, why do i need to have a peice of paper to show i can do it! next i will have to have a certificate to mow my lawn or take the bins out, i mean the council havent give me any manual handling training to show me how to move the bin correctly! sorry getting a bit cheesed off with the amount of paperwork we are supposed to have. I would suggest contacting the National hedgelaying society, National Hedgelaying Society - home page

the wife has a certificate awarded as part of a rural diversification scheme, if i can find out who did the certificate i will post back here later,

I am currently having an issue regarding hedge laying accreditation, was going to do some locally for a group of people to show them how to do it, but now they want to see certificates etc, i mean ffs its a rural skill, why do i need to have a peice of paper to show i can do it! next i will have to have a certificate to mow my lawn or take the bins out, i mean the council havent give me any manual handling training to show me how to move the bin correctly! sorry getting a bit cheesed off with the amount of paperwork we are supposed to have. I would suggest contacting the National hedgelaying society, National Hedgelaying Society - home page

the wife has a certificate awarded as part of a rural diversification scheme, if i can find out who did the certificate i will post back here later,

Get in touch with the Greenwoods trust based at Ironbridge in shropshire they run courses or at least they used to.

From the above link, there is a list of approved contractors. For instance Terry Coombe in Devon has been one very helpful chap for me - perhaps ring one in your area for info?:001_smile:

Check these out for more info......

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/436-national-hedge-laying-championship.html

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/5800-hedgelaying-assesment.html

Hope this helps......I m not a hedge layer myself. A dispute looms however where the skilled tradesman is trying to extort £32.00 per metre for a piss poor job..( ie, so far it seems 1/3 has failed to come back post laying....)

I am tempted to slag them off but Im not gonna get dragged into it....at least until I get the facts sorted.....

Check these out for more info......

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/436-national-hedge-laying-championship.html

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/general-chat/5800-hedgelaying-assesment.html

Hope this helps......I m not a hedge layer myself. A dispute looms however where the skilled tradesman is trying to extort £32.00 per metre for a piss poor job..( ie, so far it seems 1/3 has failed to come back post laying....)

I am tempted to slag them off but Im not gonna get dragged into it....at least until I get the facts sorted.....

£32.00 per metre - flip me; £tenner for that here...

A dispute looms however where the skilled tradesman is trying to extort £32.00 per metre for a piss poor job..( ie, so far it seems 1/3 has failed to come back post laying....)

Can you put any pictures up?