Wet grass suggestions

mitchel

to make do with an under powered strimmer

if this makes sense i use the strimmer starting at the back and walking backwards

so it throws the grass onto already cut grass

rather than throw it onto uncut grass in front of you and your probably get away with all be it slowly the strimmer you already have

rake it up and then mow

Im find walking backwards gives a better finish too . Thought it was only me !

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

world-201.jpg

we use this for small areas, with the mulcher and side delivery they are hard to clog up. Otherwise we run John Deere diesel ride ons mowers with commercial collectors which are really good.

20140327_160549_zps4f031577.jpg

I've bought one of these for £100 see how I go

Mountfield multiclip 50 mulching petrol lawnmower | eBay

Sorry Mitchel, but thats just not going to work on long grass. Mulching mowers are only suitable on short grass, even shorter than a collector would work in.

I am a great fan of mulchers and sell ever so many, but never knowingly sell them to cut long grass, unless, like the JD JS63, they have an optional side discharge chute.

Your Hayterette will be punching above its weight in respect of power with that engine but will put up a very good fight.

Sorry Mitchel, but thats just not going to work on long grass. Mulching mowers are only suitable on short grass, even shorter than a collector would work in.

I am a great fan of mulchers and sell ever so many, but never knowingly sell them to cut long grass, unless, like the JD JS63, they have an optional side discharge chute.

Your Hayterette will be punching above its weight in respect of power with that engine but will put up a very good fight.

+1 mulchers are usless on long grass need a side discharge with mower to cut it so it drys then try and mulch it or collect. i have a toro ride on and as per post it struggles if grass is getting long and is damp hence i keep all the contracts i do short so it easy to cut. but when the dews on grass they do not work as they should leave bits of grass about. need a mower with a large discharge to collector unit after strimming it down. and go over it a few times Hondas discharge is small on the walk behinds look for a old school mountfield or a hayter.

That crop of hay actually looks more the job for a sythe.

With or without an engine.

i.e.

Either a Tyzac, or a proprietary metal blade in a brush-cutter, used with a sything technique.

Only cut the stems once at ground level and let the grass fall sideways, to be raked/graiped up.

Ideally then sold to Horsey people, at a priemium price,as Organic, traditionally made Hay.