How much should I pay for a website?

Billy

How much as in how cheaply can you do it?

1and1: buy a domain name: £1.99 per year for a .co.uk URL

Buy a instant website package....a few pounds per month

Enter and manage the content yourself - you only need a few pages to get your message across.

Add automated SEO and with a little understanding of what you need to put into the content to get a reasonable ranking you will be away. For the key phrases I want people to find me on I am still on the first page of Google and have done very little on my website for 5 years.

If you're spending more than £100-150 per year you may be spending more than you need to.

Jon

£500-600 for a basic professional site. £2500+ for a full e-commerce with shop front. It is worth spending on a good site. You can spot a sh*t version someone has knocked up in their bedroom a mile off and for the vast majority of customers it will now be their first port of call. For others it will be reinforcement marketing, as in they seen your van or had you recommended so are checking you out. Give a good impression, it could pay itself off in a few weeks. I'd avoid any of the 'template' sites you can buy (wordpress etc). It'll look very generic and dull.

Edited by richy_B

£500-600 for a basic professional site. £2500+ for a full e-commerce with shop front. It is worth spending on a good site. You can spot a sh*t version someone has knocked up in their bedroom a mile off and for the vast majority of customers it will now be their first port of call. For others it will be reinforcement marketing, as in they seen your van or had you recommended so are checking you out. Give a good impression, it could pay itself off in a few weeks. I'd avoid any of the 'template' sites you can buy (wordpress etc). It'll look very generic and dull.

+1 get what you pay for.... Although there will always be exceptions, mates rates, etc.

To answer most questions. I want what I believe most of us want a good site with easy to read information that makes it easy for people to call me for a quote. I want SEO as I want to rank highly on the natural listings in order to get more calls and more money, don't need e commerce or any of that. From what I know bespoke sites rather than templates rank higher on google as well as sites with constant fresh content. So my question is how much for a pro built bespoke site maybe 5-10 pages and some SEO, even better can anyone recommend a company who is doing good SEO for them at present?

WM Tree Services

http://www.bestkenttreesurgeons.co.uk

• 1 month later...