Landrover Tipper conv.

waz77

Im thinking about getting my 110 hi cap converted into a tipper with aluminium box and tool box.Anyone had this done? Can you recommend anywhere that does it and give an idea of cost?? Thanks

5976543b5fc9d_pts006.jpg.b2439f078867aa1cac6acc6731ec231f.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost 3/4 grand, you night get some back if you can sell the rear tub, you could build your own for 1.5 / 2 thousand, its not that hard if you have time and can weld steel cut ally etc. I built mine with steel and marine ply, a mate done his in ally & steel,Mine was a 130,had been on the railway all it's life before I got it.I'll post a pic in a minute.

The profile pic is the landy i converted . £300 quid for second hand tipper bed with hydraulics . steel box section and marine plywood covered by made to measure tarp which was £180 . Took us 1 day to take off old 110 tub and bolt / weld brackets for the bed .then just all those little bits that take up the extra time , like fuel filler neck , lights ,tipping switch . all told 3 / 4 days . although we had most materials on site and prepared all the gear before hand cutting steel and the like. Just moved yards so maybe selling in a few months . best of luck .:001_smile:

I think by memory- it was about 6 yrs ago- that this cost me about £800 in all. !00 for ally dropside sherpa for the butt, that i cut the length down to keep ifor top, 120 in steel for frame, and 50 for the pump off a transit and 3 stage ram off a farm trailer. And three nights in the workshop with my old landlord- good welder fabricator/ farmer. I have also got chip sides, made of ply, but at the mo have the ifor on as i am leaving the chips on this job, and have loads of gear in the back.:001_smile:Its nowhere near as smart as some of the gear on this forum, but it suits me.:001_smile:

31052009101.jpg.fc8880999e8cc10528011ab8b3e65bfc.jpg

31052009102.jpg.abaf71fcf3c2d34c876eff5b8bbfbdb5.jpg

31052009104.jpg.0aa6790992f0d246ce4999a47c44e5bd.jpg

I was a plater/welder for 10yrs before so not a prob on that side of things but i know nothing of tinkering with cars.Could i use the original tub thats on so it looks the same and just fab a subframe underneath to mount it on with the ram etc?

I was a plater/welder for 10yrs before so not a prob on that side of things but i know nothing of tinkering with cars.Could i use the original tub thats on so it looks the same and just fab a subframe underneath to mount it on with the ram etc?

You can use the original tub, but you will end up with a very high floor to the butt, and those wheel arches being in the way would mean you end up forking out chip or handballing logs, so given how straight your truck looks, sell the butt for loadsamoney on fleabay (i have seen good ones go for £400!!!!) and get an ali butt off a scrapper- sherpa and cabstar are both good i think. Or pay thousands for a bespoke one.:001_smile:

Cool truck Tommer , proper workhorse cant be doing with those new 110 / 130s frighten to scratch em. I ll drive mine through a hedge if needed . All the dents and bumps just add character . :001_cool: nice idea that ifor back.

Cheers mate. Bought the truck and spent nearly £400 i think to get the ifor top. I was damned if i was going to sell it at a loss, so i adapted the width by 3/4" wider with some ali angle stuff( nearly wrote ali angle-iron!!lol) I have resprayed the truck once, but cannot be bothered to sort out dents. I am with you on the 'its got to get anywhere' thing. It is a tool, and has to earn its keep. :001_smile: