Landrover Tipper conv.

waz77

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
it is true that a £1500 transit does not look very pro but Im a great believer in using tools for their intended purpose and a transit or any other 3.5tonner is designed to carry heavy loads and to tip, whilst landrovers were never designed with that purpose in mind. Whilst landrovers are very good off road, they are not rated to 3.5t (at least not the 110), rarely factory fitted with a tipping mechanism, and as a result any aftermarket conversions make them shocking to drive, have a tiny payload, and can cost 3-4 grand! I personally think that if you were going to spend that sort of money you would be better investing it in a tool that was actually designed to do the job, not butchering a motor that was designed in the 1950s to fit a purpose it was never designed for.

Nonsense. 110 hi-cap is rated to that, hence the name "high Capacity Pick-up" as is the 130. Land rover special vehicles have made many tippers, and were even doing it to series 3 land rovers. My landrover is a 1994 and drives better than ant transit of similar age, and your comment about the 1950's, IN MY OPINION just makes me think that you have very little or no experience of the vehicle. I can carry 3 cube of chip in mine, which may not be as much as a transh-it, but it'll carry it anywhere. You are welcome to come over and try it any time. Un-looked after vehicles i agree with your comments entirely, but those of us who care for and look after our vehicles dont have that problem. The whole point of landrovers is their adaptability, as has been recorded ad-infinitum for years.:001_smile::001_smile:

ta , i'll give them a phone:001_smile:

Go down the scrap yard and get the roll bar off a disco, it will bolt straight on your truck, all the fittings are already there- brackets on the chassis andd lugs on the rear axle.:001_smile:

Go down the scrap yard and get the roll bar off a disco, it will bolt straight on your truck, all the fittings are already there- brackets on the chassis andd lugs on the rear axle.:001_smile:

Thanks T, already got a/roll bars(standard), just lke the idea of a stiffer one on the back, the chips sit up high when lr is loaded . agree with you regards landy/ transit, tranny is good for what it does landy just widens your potential and gets you closer to the job. just completed a good sized contract for a building firm, all off road, the transit sat in the car park while my lr performed all manner of time saving tasks,dragging 20 or more felled spruces out of brambled areas for processing in th open, tipping about 30 full chip loads ,tug lines for back leaning multi stem macros & leylandi,I can only say the job (with a 2 week time restriction) was completed with time to spare,and would have been unfeasable in the tranny!:001_smile: