What have the AA done for us?

Steve Bullman

Ed did your father have something to do with setting up the AA approved contactors scheme? I seem to recall it being mentioned in the past?

If you think the AA approved contractors scheme is so good [the impression I get from reading your views on the subject] how comes your not approved?

Being a small contractor, i'd have thought you would have been opposed to more division and elitism within the industry, its hard a hard enough market now , we small contractors don't need more hurdles do we?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ed did your father have something to do with setting up the AA approved contactors scheme? I seem to recall it being mentioned in the past?

If you think the AA approved contractors scheme is so good [the impression I get from reading your views on the subject] how comes your not approved?

Being a small contractor, i'd have thought you would have been opposed to more division and elitism within the industry, its hard a hard enough market now , we small contractors don't need more hurdles do we?

My father just works as an assesor on the approved contractor scheme.

We were approved contractors for years, but the status was lost when he became an approved consultant - I am told they no longer do this.. I've never really felt the need for renewing it, as a none of my customers seemed to worry.

I really dont think the AA are causing elitism and division within the industry.

If they were to turn round and say 'no more approved contractors, the rest of you can get lost', that would be elitism. But you could apply for approval tomorrow and probably get approved within 3 months.

I think the AA does far more to try and unite the industry than divide it.

Why would you want to be an approved climber? you have your NPTC certs.

You CAN sit the AA tech cert in arb, which is a far superior qualification, and has as a prerequisite the NPTC qualifications.

Ahh, I am not saying I would like to be a AA approved climber, I was just curious whether you could be is all.

AA Tech cert, moi? You have too know something about trees to do that, I just cut them.:)